Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Retro Preview: Fondue

.



Blog Party Retro Party is tomorrow, so we decided to go a bit 'retro' in preparation.




What's more retro than fondue? Yummy melty cheese, Tuscan bread, new potatoes, cauliflower, and baby carrots.




When Matt & I realized we were the proud owners of three fondue pots (two of them gifts), we asked a friend if we looked like people who fondue. His honest answer: "yes, you do".



Tagged with: + + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

Looks yummy! I have two fondue pots--both gifts and both from the SAME PERSON two Christmases apart. I must look like a person who fondues to them! ;-)

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

I just rearranged a cabinet in my kitchen and shifted my fondue pot, the one my parents had in the groovy early 70's forward so that as soon as the first nippy night appears the "house" can have a retro 70's fondue party!

I can't wait!!! And your post just makes it even harder...

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love fondue but we rarely get out the fondue pot. Must do that soon (cuz you know now I'm craving it!)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Deb...yep, you and I are definitely people who LOOK like fondue people! Not everyone receives them as gifts...

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Mary, normally I would have waited till cooler weather...but living here? That may not come around till December!!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Mrs. L; fondue is just fun. Fetch that pot!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Everyone laughed their head off at me earlier this year when I went to a deigner outlet mall in Italy... and came back with a Le Creuset fondue pot... But I adore *adore* fondues, so why the heck not?!

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Our 'fanciest' fondue pot (out of 3) is an Emile Henry, and no...you're not nuts. Fondue rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker