Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

An Asian & Heart-Filled Hug For Barbara

.


Poached Ginger-Lime Salmon on Kaffir Lime Rice

Dear Barbara;

I know your appetite has taken a vacation, and your stomach is playing games without telling you the rules. It's my hope this fragrant & fresh dish will entice your appetite to come back, and cause the belly to call a 'time-out'.

A 1/2 pound of skin-on salmon, marinated with 1/4 cup lime juice, a heaping tablespoon ginger/garlic paste, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and a half teaspoon Chinese hot chili paste. Cook lightly, with marinade.

Serve on a bed of lime-infused rice; zest, juice and finely chopped Kaffir lime leaves for flavor.

I truly hope you enjoy it.




Alex wanted to do something to make you feel better, and this is his interpretation of what a hug would look like. If you click on the photo, you'll see pink & red hearts, in various sizes, as drawn by a 5 3/4 year old boy.

Never forget how special you are to so many of us; we're all hoping, wishing & praying for your full recovery.

Happy eating!

Love;

Stephanie, Matt & Alex

12 Thoughts for food:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Bron said...

YUMMY yummy yummy hug Stephanie! It's making so hungry, I adore salmon, so will be trying your recipe very soon!
Thanks for joining us! And thank you too Alex - cracker picture mate!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Steph this is gorgeous, thank you so much. How did Alex know hearts are my most favourite shape in the world?I love his picture and please thank him and tell him I'm sending a big hug especially for him full of our beautiful warm Queensland sun.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Love the drawing! Kids can be so expressive with their artwork. The salmon looks wonderful too. I'm happy to see such an outpouring of love for Barbara; it's a beautiful thing.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Ilva said...

Thanks for participating in the Virtual Hug, love both the salmon and the drawing.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Jen Yu said...

I love that picture (of the drawing, but the fish too!). It is wonderful to see how much everyone is pulling for Barbara. xxoo

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Bron...I hope you like it!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Barbara...you are so welcome! I only wish I could do more.

Well, as my husband likes to say "Alex has a way with the ladies"!

He was so pleased to hear you liked it; he tried ihs very best.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kalyn; thank you! And yes, kids can be pretty wonderful.

And I am positively overcome with all the good wishes for Barbara; this blogging can be rather amazing, eh?

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, llva!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jen Yu; thank you! And yes, yes it is.

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks so good!!!!

The drawing is adorable too, what a nice hug!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks! And well, he's pretty adorable, so it all works out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker