Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Smoky Tomato Soup with Gruyere Toasts

.



It has been ages since I joined Deb's Souper Sundays, so this past week I made this recipe for tomato soup.

Easy soup, few ingredients. Lots of tomatoes, some thyme & sweet smoked paprika as the heavy-hitters.

The flavor was most certainly diminished by out-of-season tomatoes. Trying again in two or three months would likely make this a heck of a lot tastier.

Finished with the tiniest amount of cream & blended & strained (I used an immersion blender instead), and served with baguette slices, toasted under a broiler, topped with shredded Gruyere and broiled again. Nice, light...not exactly dinner, but an excellent lunch.




8 Thoughts for food:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

You are making me crave cheese toasts--oh and the soup looks good too! ;-)

Just got the round-up posted. Have a great Mom's Day!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Hi there, I saw your post on Deb's site, and am glad I came to get a better look at the soup, I'm now intregued by the lovely recipes I see here, I'll definately be back for seconds!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Debbie said...

Oh that just sounds so good with the grugere toasts...yum!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Deb; I know...they're so good, and so simple!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kristen...thank you!!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Debbie...it's really quick to prepare, too...hope you give it a try.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow what a creamy soup....

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kitchen Flavours...yes, it really was. Thanks to the modern marvel of an immersion blender!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker