Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Souper Sundays: Chicken Soup with Jasmine Rice & Ginger

.

It's been a while.

But here's my contribution to Deb's Souper Sundays.

A surprisingly filling soup. A homemade chicken broth for Matt, vegetable for us.

Jasmine rice is simmered in water for a bit, then stock, salt, soy sauce (in place of fish sauce) & sugar are added, rice simmers a little longer.

Stir in the ginger, and...yep, tiny bit more.

Ladle into bowls, top with chicken & reserved ginger...and eat.

Warming, hearty & just generally good.

2 Thoughts for food:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

I feel honored to have you with us agin this week at Souper Sunday! The soup looks delicious--love all that ginger--yum!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Deb; had been meaning to make this for ages & with a fresh batch of stock & temporarily chilly weather, it all came together nicely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker