Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dellicious Death

.



What better way to celebrate Agatha Christie's 120th birthday Wednesday than with this aptly-named cake?

Taken from the Miss Marple novel A Murder is Announced, it's a flourless dark chocolate cake, filled with boozy raisins, cherries & ginger & topped with ganache. Crushed candied roses & violets as decorations, along with, in this case, gold luster dust. (recipe calls for gold leaf but with one day to assemble ingredients I was out of luck. ...No, I don't have gold leaf in my pantry. At least, not all the time.)




Not a cake I'd enjoy personally (once you add fruit I lose interest) but definitely a treat in a rationing-weary England...even if its unfortunate moniker was foreshadowing. Poor Bunny.

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Happiness would be a slice of this "death by chocolate" cake.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Boozy fruit + chocolate = awesome!!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

This looks great - I made it too.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

BV; my in-laws devoured it. Not their usual eating pattern, but apparently it only lasted a few days!

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn!!!!!

So good to see you here.

Yeah, if that's what you like? Great cake.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Cakelaw!!!!

You did? That's fantastic. I didn't upload anything to their page, because I don't FB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker