Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, October 01, 2010

12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies: Chocolate-Almond Biscotti

.





When I saw April announce the return of this event, I decided this was the perfect way for me to avoid a week of marathon baking, stress & sleepless nights.

Because every year, I plan to start baking my cookies a couple of weeks early. Then, one of us gets sick or we're all worn out from the Two Days After Thanksgiving Dinner...& so it goes. Five days before Christmas, I'm up to my collarbone in flour, chopped walnuts & chocolate.

But if I've committed myself to something like this, well, those cookies might actually get made in advance.



Week 1: Chocolate Almond Biscotti. A recipe I found in college, on the pages of a 1967 Ladies Home Journal magazine. (no, I'm not that old; I'd been thrift store shopping!)

6 Thoughts for food:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love chocolate biscotti. I always make it to give to people at Christmastime. Yours look delicious.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger April said...

These look fabulous!!

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Megan said...

It's not Christmas without biscotti! And of course chocolate almond is even better!

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Lisa! These may be my husband's favorite. He'd prefer I not put too many out when people come 'treeing' so he can keep them for himself!

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, April!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Megan; definitely not Christmas in our house, that's for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker