Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Cambodian Chicken & Rice Soup for Souper Sundays

.

,

I like the cooler temperatures a lot more than Matt. My feeling is that you can
add more layers to get warm, but when it's hot you can only take off so much
to get cool!

There's another, and more recent, reason I like this time of the year: Matt's more
willing to eat soup. (This is called a 'win-win'.)

Give it some Asian flavors and he might even have seconds.

Cambodian Chicken and Rice Soup (with shrimp, which we omitted) is ridiculously
easy and full of flavor.
For Matt's, we used our already-smoked and shredded chicken instead of rotisserie.
Ginger and garlic (we used jarred pastes for ease) are heated, stock (more of the smoked
chicken stock), water, fish sauce, honey and cooked jasmine rice are boiled.
Add in the chicken, then the shrimp (if using) until just cooked. Throw in some
lime juice, shredded basil & sliced chile and you've got a filling soup with a
bit of heat.

Once again, it's Deb and her Souper Sundays that gets me back here and posting!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Thoughts for food:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

This soup looks like it has so much good flavor in it.

Thanks for sharing with Souper Sundays. I am glad we could get you out and posting! ;-)

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Deb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker