Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Blogging By Mail: 10 Items or Less

.



Blogging by Mail, that fantastic global care package swap for bloggers, returns!

BBM is the brainchild of Nic of Baking Bites, who has rather graciously allowed me to run this event, and I'm happy to announce a new round and a new theme.

You may have noticed that the price of everything is going up, right? Yeah, me too. But I still love sending off packages, and getting one in return? Just as exciting. So my solution to the impending recession is this: 10 Items or Less. Ten (or fewer) of your favorite things, ten must-haves, ten items that interest or excite you at the moment....food, stationary, books, whatever.

And by 'items', I mean a unit. For example: one box of tea would be an item. A bag or packet of something, also counts as one.

Gather up your favorite things, but limit yourself to no more than TEN. The goal is to cut down on shipping costs, which are fairly outrageous right now.

If you'd like to sign up, here's what you need to do.

1. Be absolutely sure you can commit to this. By signing up for Blogging by Mail, you're promsing to send a package to someone out there, and they'll be waiting for it. My goal for this round is for EVERY BBM'er to receive a box.

2. Have, or contribute to, a blog. It is called Blogging by Mail, after all. I'm sorry, but if you don't have one, you can't join. It's kind of the point. On the bright side, it's pretty easy to start up a blog!

3. Agree to write a post about, including pictures of, any package you receive. Every one of us gets a kick out of seeing what's being sent, so posting is important!

4. Fill out the sign up form below, and send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. If you want to be a part of this, add that address to your 'safe' list right away, or you could end up missing vital swap information! I will reply to your email with 48 hours, letting you know you're officially part of BBM.

Our last round had 85 participants, with almost 100% success. Let's work to make this one even better!

Match-ups will be made during the days after the sign-ups close; for the record, I do not do an A-to-B, B-to-A swap. You could be sending a box to England and getting one from Singapore!

In the days after sign-ups close, I will begin sending out your 'to send' information. If you haven't heard from me by the end of September, check your Spam/Junk mail folders. If you still don't see anything, send off an email to me immediately!

Packages MUST be shipped out no later than Saturday, 18 October.


Sign-ups will be open until Sunday, 21 September.


***Double, and even triple, check your information before sending it to me. A missed number in a postal code, a typo in your street address, could be the reason you're left package-less!***


Official Blogging by Mail Form



Your Full Name (first and last)


Your Blog's Name

Your Blog's URL


Your Email Address

Your 'Real' Address (be sure to include postal/country codes)

Are You Willing to Ship Internationally?

Any Strong Dislikes, Likes, Allergies, Etc


If You've Participated in Past Rounds, if Possible Please Remind Me Who You've Been Paired With (to & from), So I Can Do My Best Not to Repeat!

Add any other information you deem pertinent, of course.



For inspiration, check out the last Blogging by Mail for ideas.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Now go on, start packing that box!






Tagged with: + +

38 Thoughts for food:

At 3:26 AM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

I just sent you an email to sign up. Mahalo for undertaking this huge event again. I can't wait!

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Arundathi said...

Is this open for bloggers in India? sounds like a great idea!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Shaheen said...

I'm so excited. Thanks for hosting this again. You're the best! :D

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Shaheen said...

I'm so excited for another round of BBM. Thanks for hosting it again! You're the best!! :D

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just e-mailed you! How fun! :)

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Deb...I got it! Glad you could join.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Arundathi, if you have a blog, you're welcome to join. It's a GLOBAL event!!!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

coco, good to have you on board!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Dianne, and I got it!

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am going to try again :)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Steffi said...

yay! this time I'm in, too!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Mrs. L, I truly hope you get your box...I do what I can!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

pavotouge, yay! Get that form filled out, and to me!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just love the idea of Blogging by Mail. I love to send presents. Sending my e-mail right now. Thanks.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Christy...got it!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Maria Harrits said...

I simply have to join. Yesterday I found myself shopping favorite things for this swap...
Just canĀ“t wait!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Got it, Maria...thanks!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Satsuki Rebel said...

Just emailed you. I checked out some of the previous swaps- seems like there are some cool international swaps that happened. I'm looking forward to this.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Abitofafoodie said...

So delighted you are running this terrific event again - must be such a lot of work. Was such fun last time!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger nejyerf said...

i've been waiting for the blogging by mail to come around again!!

i've sent in my info!!

the the fun begin!

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Julia from Dozen Flours said...

I'm just signed up for the first time. I can't wait to find out who I get to spoil!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

satsuki rebel: got it! And yeah, it's a lot of fun.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Antonia! It's work, sure...but the fun balances it out!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

najyerf....got it!!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Julia...the wait is almost over!!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

OOP, I left you another comment but I found this post so nevermind! Thanks!!
~ingrid

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Alexa said...

hi! I sent you an e-mail to koin up- just wondering if you received? thanks!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

the little things, I don't think so. Please try again!!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Alexa said...

I just tried again, let me know! I hope it works!! Alexa

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

I am excited, I signed up. I BAKE and love it, I want a baker's name!!!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger That One said...

I just emailed my info. Looking forward to this!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Grandmacarnes; I'll see what I can do!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tuli...thanks!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

the little things: taken care of!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ingrid...no problem!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

When do we get our assignments? I can hardly wait, I have been gathering stuff. It will be so fun!!!

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

grandmacarnes, you should have it by now!!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Thanks, I do have it, I have contacted my person to check in on her interests, this is so neat. I can't wait to finish my package off and get it on it's way!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker