Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Blog Party#38: Birthday Bash

.



Happy September, everybody! And as we start a new month, it's time to unveil the latest Blog Party theme.

Someone's having a birthday this month...

Not long ago, I realized I'd not had a birthday party since I was ten. I really don't want to tell you how many years ago that was (although Alex would be quite willing to share the information, the little dear), but let's say it's been a while.

I miss getting together with friends and eating cake and wearing silly hats and all the other things associated with birthday parties.

So I started to ask myself, 'what's stopping you from throwing your own birthday bash'?

Yeah, what.

So, my wonderful and creative friends, I'm about to commit an uncharacteristically selfish act: I'm making this month's Blog Party a Birthday Bash, for me!

Oh, yes I am.

For September (already dubbed 'Birthday Month' in our house), we're having a Birthday party. With fun drinks and festive appetizers, and all my favorite things!

Don't feel that you're limited by the fact I don't drink or eat food with a face; it's not about feeding me, so much as feeding the guests. Make it fun & delicious, and that's my kind of gift.

So, want to come to my Birthday Bash? RSVP no later than Thursday, 18 September to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. The Bash will be held that Saturday, 20 September.

Start thinking fun, start thinking birthday. And help me celebrate checking a new box under 'age'! Hope to see you there.








Blogging by Mail is back! Sign up for blogdom's favorite global goody swap with 10 Items or Less.





Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + +

14 Thoughts for food:

At 3:17 AM, Blogger J said...

When I heard the theme was 'birthday' I did kind of think it was all about me, forgetting momentarily that other people have a birthday in September also. But after many years of imposing the 'birthday queen' rule as long as possible I am more than happy to share my crown with you Stephanie! See you in a few weeks.
Jx

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

If anyone deserves a Birthday its you! I can't wait!

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH BOY! Birthday Cake!!!

I'm definitely going to make sure I RSVP for this one.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger NKP said...

Yay! I am a September baby too! Great call for a theme. Happy Birthday to you, my fried. All month long!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, J...that explains a lot! We both tend to 'over-do it' for BP, don't we? Has to be the Virgo perfectionist tendency.

Thanks, I've decided it's time to make it a birthday month, too...

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Deb!

Matt's gone all out, making fun plans. Should be a good one.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, breadchick...love to have you there.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Natashya, and to you, as well! September babies rule!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Hey - a birthday bash - great idea!! I am going to try my best to participate - can't skip such an auspicious occasion, now can I?!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger SilverMoon Dragon said...

Well, I did my best to ignore my birthday last week, but I'm more than happy to help celebrate yours! I just checked my menu plan for the month, and it seems I was already going to be cooking the perfect dish with the kids on the 18th. I figure with the time difference I'll just sneak in on time, but it'll be worth the wait! ;)

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're sweet, Jeanne...thanks!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

SMD, excellent!

When I was in grade school, there were something like six girls in my class with September birthdays, in a row! Almost en entire week of birthday parties...of course, I never got invited to any of them...

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

Wonderful Steph - I will see what I can some up with.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay...hope to see you there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker