Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Scenes from a Birthday

.





It's been a good weekend. I've taken tea, watched a classic rock-n-roll film at an actual, old-style movie palace while doing good (with pre-show entertainment courtesy of the Mighty Wurlitzer!). There was breakfast in bed, and I was just generally treated like a princess.


Thank you for all the good wishes! And continue to celebrate with me...



Help me get through the pain of turning a year older with this month's Blog Party---we're having a Birthday Bash!

RSVP to join the fun.







Blogging by Mail is back! Sign up for blogdom's favorite global goody swap with 10 Items or Less.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Ooooh, look at you and your shiny laptop!! Happy, happy birthday - may you have many more :)

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! A perfectly wonderful collection of gifts you have there ;-)

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

What great gifts! I have been coveting an Indian Spice box for months now. Can't seem to find on here and I looked in New York but never made it to Queens where the Indian shops are. Someday!
Another funny thing--I had that Vincent Price cookbook in my hands last weekend at a used book store. I thought it looked incredible but the price they wanted killed me and I made myself put it back. (Although don't think I haven't regretted it!)

Still no True Blood? Maybe they post it when the next new episode airs? I'll keep my fingers crossed and won't talk about it until you see it!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger NKP said...

Happy birthday my friend!
Great gifts batman.
I love the spice box.
Good family you have, very generous and loving.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne...I love it! And thanks. It's so nice. I mean, it's so much faster than my PC. I'm so happy with it.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks breadchick! I got spoiled. I know.
and I'm ok with that.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Deb: the spice box is lovely, isn't it? I'm really happy about the thali plates, too.
That VP book, yeah...we've seen that run in the hundreds. Matt got a seriously lucky break on that one.

No True Blood! It's KILLING me. I keep checking, but so so sad...

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Natashya!

AS I said, I'm spoiled. And loved. Which is a nice feeling...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker