Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Summer Jambalaya

.




Taking full advantage of this wonderful, miraculous 'I'll try everything' phase Alex is going through, we've been trotting out as many of our favorite dishes as we can. For a kid who wouldn't eat rice (beyond sushi) two years ago, he's been happily consuming fried rice, Indian, and even jambalaya.

A 'fast' recipe from Food & Wine, it's fairly basic. Meats are browned (chicken & Andouille for Matt, Veat & Boca 'sausages' for the two of us), onions cooked to that gloriously soft and tender stage where they almost dissolve before your eyes, a few spices, corn and Arborio. Vegetable broth, simmer till rice is tender.

I wasn't sure what he'd think of it. I made 'our' version much blander than called for; like me, Alex's spice tolerance is pretty low.

He ate with gusto. He gave dual thumbs up. And we can add one more dish to the Alex-friendly arsenal.






Help me get through the pain of turning a year older with this month's Blog Party---we're having a Birthday Bash!

RSVP to join the fun.







Blogging by Mail is back! Sign up for blogdom's favorite global goody swap with 10 Items or Less.






Tagged with: + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

Looks delish, I love Jambalaya! You are raising quite the little foodie. ;-)

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh my... how fabulous that looks! No fair that I have to look at this over lunch!!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Deb, thank you! And yes, we're very proud of him. Did I tell you that, while eating feta for the first time, he remarked that it was like goat cheese? We were so proud! And were able to tell him that, yes, in fact, feta came from goat's milk.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne, consider it retribution for some of the fab dishes I've seen on your blog, in the middle of the night. When I can't realistically do any cooking. Karma, baby!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker