Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Caramel Apple Pie

.



A recipe from Williams-Sonoma.

The apples were sweet, rather than tart; a find at the farmer's market. The crust recipe came from the Wartime Cookbook.

Matt's review: "Yum."


...When pushed for more details: "The filling is sweeter and mellower than the typical apple pie. Relatively thin and neutrally flavored crust, neither sweet nor
salty. The caramel sauce isn't, strictly speaking, necessary, but it does have a very nice, butterscotch-like flavor."

4 Thoughts for food:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger April said...

Oh my word!! It looks delicious!

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pure happiness oozing out of the pie!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

April, I have to admit...I was really pleased with that pie!!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

crustabakes; thank you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker