Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Getting in the holiday spirit

.

I'm not much of a cranberry person.

I'll drink the juice; fine. But I don't eat them.

And I don't eat most pies: I have this issue with cooked fruit, or fruit in things.

(But give me a peanut butter pie, and I'm there, fork in hand)

However, I found a recipe for Cranberry Lattice Tart in the December 2004 issue of Bon Appetit, and wanted to give it a try.



I rarely make pies; I have very little experience making crusts (I'm more of a cake and cookie gal), but I know the more I do it the better I'll get at it.

Interesting crust recipe...it used hardboiled egg yolks! That was weird. But the crust smelled really good...since I gave the tart to my in-laws, I have no idea how it tastes; I'm still waiting for the report.



I think it came out rather nicely.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I made Turkey and Cranberry sandwiches last night for dinner and they were possibly the best sandwiches I've ever had.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I wish I *did* like fruit with things; I know I'm missing out on so much!

Don't misunderstand; I love fruit. All kinds. I just don't want it cooked, or mixed in with anything.

Matt, on the other hand, doesn't eat fruit. Or many veggies, for that matter. He's a total carnivore...funny, being married to me.

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stephanie, that cranberry pie looks really good! :) i really can't imagine that you don't taste what you cooked/baked. I'd go bonkers with the suspense!

julia
http://aromacookery.blogspot.com/

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Julia, I had to get used to it almost nine years ago, when I went veggie.
I stilled cooked for meat eaters, but I could no longer taste as I went along. I've had to learn how a dish should look, or smell, instead of taste, to see if it's right.
And I usually have Matt handy to taste-test.

And just think of all the calories I'm avoiding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker