Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Spreading the Love

.

As you've no doubt figured out, I love to bake goodies but not eat them.

I don't know why...perhaps the act of baking is enough for me.

I made a cake for my in-laws today



Matt didn't take the pictures until he arrived at his parent's house. The ride was not kind to the cake! Much shifting...sigh.


Rum-Mocha Walnut Layer Cake


Even if I did eat my own wares, I'd never touch this one.

It's so full of coffee flavor! I don't like coffee, and Matt doesn't like rum.
My in-laws are still trying to come to terms with the concept: making something I wouldn't eat.

Hey, it's me. Where's the fun in making the same stuff all the time? I like to branch out, try new things (or what would be the use in having 120 cookbooks?). I like to create reasons to make food: "I bet so-and-so would like this".

And since my father-in-law roasts his own coffee, I thought this one would be a hit.

I'm not going to post the recipe. I'm afraid if the in-laws saw the amounts of butter and eggs in this one, they'd never eat it!

If you're interested, just drop me a line...

3 Thoughts for food:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my hubby would love this cake. Rum and cocoa are his favorite dessert flavors. Simply decadent! A pity I don't an oven. :)

julia
http://aromacookery.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, can you please send me this recipe, it looks decadent! Thank you

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Phizannah;

If you send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, and after I dig it up!, I'd be happy to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker