Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Root Beer in the oven?

.

I found a recipe for Root Beer Float Cupcakes...not something I would want, but Matt's quite fond of root beer.

It was one of those 'cheater' recipes; boxed cake mix, Cool Whip, tub of frosting; just the same, I made them.

You add root beer to white cake mix...Matt said the flavor wasn't that strong, so if I were to make them again, I'd probably add some root beer extract.
He thought the frosting was a little...sticky, but it did have a nice, creamy, vanilla flavor to it; exactly what you'd want for a root beer float.

The finishing touch, and Matt's favorite part, was sprinkling crushed root beer barrels on top of the cupcakes.

Not the world's greatest recipe, but it was fun to try.


0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker