Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

EoMEoTE#11---The Round-up

.

..."and we're back to the all-request hour here on WEGY, where we play all your Seventies egg and toast favorites.

This all-request hour is brought to you by the good folks at Cast, Iron, and Co.; meeting your fried egg needs for the past 500 years.

Kicking off this block with a request from Clare, who wants to hear Sky Hook's Horror Movie. Well, Clare, it's a rather frightful way to eat your eggs, but your Happy Sorceress aims to please!

Next, we have a request from AK...hang on, are you sure this isn't a garage band? Oh, well...they don't pay me enough to quibble, so here's Tomato Toast Art!

Our latest caller, Elizabeth, forces me to dust off the vinyl...here's Simon & Garfunkel's Free Range Eggs. Elizabeth really built that one up...

Our next request comes from Indira; the divine Miss Ross never sounded so good, time to get grooving to Eggy Eggs!

These Seventies egg and toast hits are brought to you by the caring people at Cast, Iron, and Co.; with a reminder...treat your frying pans with tender care, and they'll take care of you.

Now, back to the request line! Who's our next caller? Long time listener, first-time caller AugustusGloop, who wants to hear some disco. Hey, we'll play anything here at WEGY...have you seen our ratings? My dear, grab your fork, because here's Can You See the Trout, Fernado?

What would a Seventies egg and toast hour be without a call from Jeanne? Ah, she wants to hear something from the great nostalgia flick, and current Broadway hit, Greased; get up and dance, sister; it's time for Omelette Loving!

Apparently, Lady Amalthea has a need for some So-Cal rock tonight! She's emailed the Happy Sorceress with a request for some Don Hen-ley; ok...it doesn't get much sweeter than this: Hotel Fruit and Cookie!

The all-request Seventies egg and toast show is brought to you by Cast, Iron, and Co; we're more than just cooking implements, we double as weapons!

Niki just phoned with a request for Mr. Mellow himself, John Henver. Niki, hope you have some napkins handy, here's Runny Scotch Eggs!

I know, I know. That one was a bit drippy. Look folks, I just play the tunes, I don't pick 'em. Thankfully, Anthony asked for some real rock 'n roll: It's, it's Scrambled Eggs!

Keeping our show going with an email from Nupur, who's in the mood for something nice and light this evening. Aw-righty; hope you and Frankie are... Happy Together!

Looks like Lou's feeling a bit rebellious tonight, and I like it! Lou wants to hear something from those punksters, the Ramones. So, here you go...1, 2, 3, 4, it's Quiche Hop!

We're back to the all-request Seventies egg and toast hour, and I just got off the phone with mrs. d, who's asking to hear from the former King of New Year's Eve. You've got it, mrs. d; here's Huevos Rancheros!

Ok, we're winding down our all-request hour, and that means it's DJ's pick. So, your Happy Sorceress is going to end this block with yet another Simon & Garfunkel tune, The Mother and Child Reunion. And before we go, let's thank the fine men and women of Cast, Iron, and Co. for making all this possible. Before you season your food, be sure to season your pan.

Well, that's it. I'm outta here. You guys remember, have fun, but keep it safe. Until next time, I'm the Happy Sorceress..."

13 Thoughts for food:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Nupur said...

What a FUN round-up! Thanks for taking all our requests, Stephanie!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Billiant! Brilliant, brilliant!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nupur...thanks!

I suppose it's good to give those rusty radio skills a work out now and again.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Niki!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks..it was fun!

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie..I really had fun reading some of the entries. Great job and thanks for including my entry in the roundup.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Indira! And of course I'd include you!!!!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Excellent!!! I sure hope a Cast, Iron, and Co. outlet opens near us soon!

-Elizabeth

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!

They're a local company, but I hear of plans to expand...

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Great round up! I will have to try and pay more attention next time... sorry we didn't get a chance to enter one of our dishes!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joe!

I think Moira, of Who Wants Seconds, is hosting at the end of October...

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh wow Stephanie - you've done the spirit of EoMEoTE proud!! I'm so glad I tuned into "All Ovo Request Hour" - what a great round-up! Thanks SO much for hosting and giving me a break - much, much appreciated!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne, you are most welcome!

And that's just about the nicest compliment you could pay me; thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker