Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Blog Party#14: Kids Party

.



Well, here it is. September.

September's a busy month. The kids are back in school, it's time for both high school and college football games, we try to cram as much summer-fun as we possibly can into the last few sunny weeks, some of us turn a year older, we start looking for those signs of Fall (my favorite season of all). It really is an event-packed month.

(I understand this doesn't always apply to my non-US friends...I just can't keep track of which season is going on where, sorry!)

But for the kids, it's an important time.

They're getting used to an earlier, and more regular, bedtime. They're meeting new teachers, and sometimes, new friends. It's exciting, and scary, and fun...all rolled into one.

That's an awful lot for a little kid to deal with!

So, I thought I'd dedicate this month's party to the little ones...in September, we're having a Kid's Party!

Appetizers...in both sweet and savory, of course...which are fun and cute and whimsical. Maybe even a little goofy and gross; hey, it takes all kinds, you know.

Drinks (alcohol-free, naturally!) with fun and fruity flavors, and bright colors...maybe even whipped cream on top!

Whether you have children of your own, or are just young at heart, we're having a Kid's Party.

Now, if you're new to the Blog Party experience, here's a few things you should know:




Blog Party is a virtual cocktail party for food bloggers. It's a chance to make those little bites and fantastic drinks we all love, but never make. Blog Party is about taking time for us: setting aside some time to cook (which, clearly, we all love), to prepare appetizers we want to eat but never get around to. And best of all, it's about getting together, albeit via the Web, with like-minded friends.

You can read up on the inner-workings of Blog Party, as well as read up on a whole year's worth of parties, here.



Now, for the 'rules'.

What, in my opinion, qualifies as cocktail food:

  • Finger foods: anything that can be picked up, carried around and eaten with one hand...the use of the second hand as crumb catcher is perfectly acceptable

  • Dippers: vegetables, crackers, bread, chips, breadsticks and any inventive foods which are used for scooping or spreading dips and uh...spreads

  • Miniature meals: by this, I mean a normal-sized dish, cut or displayed as individual servings. A quiche, cut into small enough pieces to be eaten in less than four bites would be accepted.


All you have to do is make AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail (that's a minimum of one each); take some photos, and write about it. It's pretty easy, really.

For September, get in touch with your inner child, think fun, and get working on those kid-friendly drinks and dishes!

Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 21 September...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 23rd, and I hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very busy the last weeks, so I have not spent so much time as usual for the dishes. But I would'nt miss the party.

http://ostwestwind.twoday.net/stories/2680955/

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm so happy you made it, and please wish your son a very happy birthday from all of us!!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Ah well, I missed it but I'll try to make it next time.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Grommie;

I hope you do!

October's announcement will be up next Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker