Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Cool Kids Cook, So Alex Must be Cool, Too

.

Recently, I bought Donna Hay's Cook Kids Cook for Alex. He decided he wanted to try her recipe for Mac & Cheese.

With Matt's help, Alex made himself dinner!





Chop up the cheese.



Turn on the burner.



Carefully add the pasta to the water.



Dump in some cheese.



He was very good about both pouring the cream into the measuring cup, and then into the pot.



Time to stir...



stir...



stir...



And finally stir some more.



And here's what he got!

A simple meal, which he made himself. He was feeling rather proud.

(photos taken with old camera; new camera photos to come soon!)




Blog Party#14 is just two weeks away, and this month we're having a Kid's Party! Fun, cute, dainty, gross, wacky and whimsical...your appetizers and drinks are for the little ones. Tell a friend! Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 21 September...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 23rd, and I hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That is cool that Alex likes cooking. Trevor just turned 7 and he loves cooking also. When I am cooking, he is always wanting to help do this or that.

It was bothersome at first a few years ago, because he really couldn't doing anything well without hand on hand assistance. But now, I can actually have him peel potatoes, measure ingredients, saute, etc.


Chris
My Blog

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Chris; Alex loves to help in the kitchen. Our problem is, we sometimes forget he's just 3 1/2...because he's so tall and so mature (most of the time); we just can't let him do too much!

But he, too, likes to measure and peel potatoes (thank heavens for the fella who invented the apple corer/peeler gadget), stir, push buttons on the food processor...anything we'll let him do, he's happy to take on. Just have to keep him away from knives and heat sources!

And he already owns three cookbooks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker