Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, April 13, 2007

At Long Last...Guacamole Salad

.



It only took fourteen hours and 43 tries, but we have Photo!

While cleaning for the Easter holiday, we managed to get ALL of our cookbooks on shelves.

Yeah, we can't believe it, either.

There was a lot of re-arranging during the process, and I was at last able to confirm that I did, indeed, own three of Ina Garten's cookbooks.

A recipe we'd been wanting to try was her Guacamole Salad, not disimilar to something we've made in the past.

Tomatoes, yellow pepper, red onion, scallions, black beans and jalapeno are chopped, then tossed with a dressing of olive oil, lime juice and zest, minced garlic and cayenne.
Then, chopped avocado is folded in.

We served it with tortilla strips (Mission), and it was fantastic. There was definitely a kick, from the peppers, yet it was very light. And pretty darn healthy, too. Good stuff.




For the month of April, we're taking our appetizers on a picnic! Turn all your favorite picnic foods into bite-sized treats, grab a cold drink, and join us for a Blog Party. All you have to do is make ****AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail**** (that's a minimum of one EACH); take some photos, and write about it. Get your entries to me no later than Thursday, 19 April: either leave a link here in the comments, or send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the round-up on Saturday, 21 April. Hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Damn that looks good. Do you have a picture of all the cookbooks on the shelf so I can drool at that too/ :)

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jen!

Good grief...it would take many photos. The collection is spread out over three areas in the house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker