Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Someone's in the Kitchen with Alex: Chocolate Bombs

.



I think I enjoy Alex's cookbooks just as much...if not more...than he does. I'm not sure why, exactly, but I do.

He's accumulating a nice little shelf of them, too...and during the Christmas break, he kept bringing out his Donna Hay: Cool Kids Cook and asking if we could make the Chocolate Bombs.



I said 'sure', but it would have to wait till things settled down a bit.

So, the weekend before school (finally) started up again, the two of us cleaned our area, got ingredients and equipment, and proceeded to make these chocolate muffins.

Both he and Matt said the muffins were wonderful; I can tell you they smelled divine...so chocolate-y.

But the best part was watching Alex carefully level off the flour and sugar before adding them to the bowl, or mixing with one hand while holding onto the bowl with the other. Or seeing him race out the kitchen, again and again, to check the progress of the baking muffins through the oven door.

And really, isn't that what it's really about?





Sign-ups for Blogging by Mail: Little Things Mean a Lot are going on now, and end in a little over a week. Over sixty signed up so far, from all over the globe...you won't to miss out!



Tagged with: + + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

My nephew would love this book! And I think I would too...

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn, it's fantastic. Currently unavailable through US Amazon, but if you can find it? Definitely worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker