Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Blogging by Mail: A Few of My Favorite Things

.



sign-ups are closed

60 bloggers signed up; All 60 packages have shipped! 59 out of 60 packages have arrived!


A Cracking Good Egg Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

A Few of My Favorite Things! Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

A Gluten-Free Journey Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

A Whisk and a Spoon Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

All Things edible Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Anne's Food Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

A Self-Proclaimed Foodaholic Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

baking delights Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

barbie2be Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Batter-Splattered Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

bear necessities Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Blood sugar Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Bon Vivant Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Chez Denise et Laudalino Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Coconut & Lime Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Columbus Foodie Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Cookworm Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Dispensing Happiness Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Don't Burn Down the Kitchen! Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Eating For One Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

eat the right stuff Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

erin-go-blog! Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Fallen Souffle Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Feed Your Vegetarian Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Flavor Junkie Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Food & Travel-my true passions Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Fresh Approach Cooking Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Fresh Kitchen Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Food & Photos Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!

Habeas Brulee Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

have fork will travel Package has shipped!!

Ichigo Adventures Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Janet is Hungry Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Jenny Sais Quoi Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Jumbo Empanadas Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Kitchen Gone to the Dogs Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Laws of the Kitchen Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Lemon Almond Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

m3rni3 Package has shipped!! Package ha arrived!!!!

Mevrouw Cupcake Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Once Upon a Tart Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Other People's Food Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Our Full House Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Pam's Pantry Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Rouge Tomate Package has arrived!!!! Package has shipped!!

Should You Eat That? Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Slow Dancing Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Tartelette Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Teaching and Learning and a Wee Bit of Cooking Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Technicolor Kitchen Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

The Golden Shrimp Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

The Laughing Gastronome Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

The Perfect Pantry Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

The Sour Dough Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Tummy Treasure Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Uit de keuken van Arden Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Ugly Fruit Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Vegan Visitor Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Writing at the Kitchen Table Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!




Shipping information to come soon...

24 Thoughts for food:

At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! So many new food blogs to explore. Thanks for arranging this event!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger J said...

Dear Stephanie, I can't get many of these links to work, they all say page not found (my own included) is something odd going on?

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're welcome, Molly!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

J; I think it's all fixed, now.

What happened was, I directly copied links as they were given to me on the sign-up sheets. Many were missing the 'http' in the URL. I hunted down the actual blogs, and got the URL's in their proper form.

Much copying and pasting later, working links!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger J said...

Apologies, very careless of me - I'm looking forward to my swap!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

J...it's no big, really!

All fixed, and now I face the somewhat daunting task of matching everyone up!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Dhana said...

What s FANTASTIC event this turned out to be! I had the best time putting together the package to be sent, and then ripping open the one sent to me a week later! Thanks again for ur effort in making this so fun!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, thank you, Dhana!

There's a certain amount of work, sure...but it's lots of fun for me, as well.

And I don't want to mislead people: BBM is not my creation. It was started by Nic at Baking Bites (formerly Bakingsheet); she graciously allowed me to take over last year. But, it's all her idea!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

is it normal for me to get mad when i see that nearly three weeks PAST the deadline some 8 packages still haven't even been shipped? that's just wrong.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, we're done to just five, but yeah...I'm with you.

I always hope that they've just forgotten to tell me the package has gone out, as opposed to simply not sending it.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

i hope so too, Stephanie because i want everyone to get the same great experience that i have had all three times now. :)

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Barbie, I wish everyone came away feeling like that, but unless I can physically smack some people upside the head and remind them to keep their promise, there's not much I can do once I've sent out assignments!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi stephanie...I missed out the last time, and I so sad to hear I miss out this time as well. Can I know when will be the next time you organise this again?

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jacelyn;

The best way to learn about future BBM's is to keep an eye out here, or on IMBB?; they usually list my events there.

I do hope to get another one going in a couple months...but I guess you'll just have to keep checking back here to be sure!!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

i'm so glad to see that my BBM partner has let you know that she received her package. i was starting to worry!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

It takes some time, but we're getting there!!!

just fifteen to go...I'm very excited!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger erinlovesmarc said...

oooo..oooo..ooo...I can't wait until you host this again...i would love to participate! :) Sounds like fun!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, still waiting for the last six packages to arrive, then I like to space them out a bit, but I do hope to have another one going in a couple of months!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger eva said...

I am well impressed! Just 2 parcels still in the air - you deserve a standing ovation, a bouquet of flowers and a Big Hug! The energy that you put into this project is so impressive. Thank you!

eva

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger J said...

I was surprised to see that 'my parcel' has arrived as unfortunately I haven't seen hide nor hair of it yet, do you have insider knowledge? I'm still holding my breath and frisking the postman on a daily basis... J

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Eva...although it appears we're actually at 57.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

J, I have no idea what happened. Perhaps I was bleary-eyed and sleep-deprived when I updated the page, and put 'arrived' down on the wrong blog...hope it gets there soon!

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ld letoh, i should let you know that I have received my package! a little lighted thanks for customs but fun nonetheless!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Very good to know, although I can only imagine you've got other things to be excited about right now???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker