Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Minted White Gazpacho

.



Another recipe from Vegetarian Times; an incredibly easy gazpacho.

Their instructions are to put everything in the blender. Our blender is a piece of crap. I use the food processor, instead.

White sandwich bread, crusts removed, soaked in water, drained. Peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber, mint leaves (fresh), sherry vinegar and olive oil. That's about it.

Puree till creamy, stir in some reserved, diced, cucumber, and chill. Season to taste, and there you have it. Garnish with mint, which I forgot to do, despite the mint jungle residing in what was once my garden...

I served this with a spicy grilled North African chicken, and it was the perfect partner.






Just one more day to send in those Blog Party#23 entries!...But, there's still time to turn your favorite appetizers and cocktails into Sci-Fi treats. Entries are due THIS Thursday, 28 June (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)...hope to see you there!






Blogging by Mail sign-ups are going on now! The latest round of goody-swapping is all about My Favorite Things. You have till 5 July to join the fun...



Tagged with: + + + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker