Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Grilled Panini with Smoked Provolone & Basil

.



Yet another cooking mag recipe; this one coming from the latest issue of Vegetarian Times.

Nice, country-style rolls (ours were a surprise find at Ingles, of all places), split and spread with a mixture of mayonnaise and chopped basil. This is toppped with a white bean, shredded smoked Provolone, and red onion combo, wrapped in foil, placed on a heated grill-pan, and weighted down with bricks (in our case, a filled tea kettle), and cooked three or four minutes per side.

Really, really, good stuff. Just a hint of smokiness (might be the quality of the cheese we used), filling, and basically healthy. Can't beat that.






Blog Party#23 is here...and it's out of this world! This June, turn your favorite appetizers and cocktails into Sci-Fi treats. Entries are due THIS Thursday, 28 June (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)...hope to see you there!






Blogging by Mail sign-ups are going on now! The latest round of goody-swapping is all about My Favorite Things. You have till 5 July to join the fun...



Tagged with: + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

Steph, this is wonderful! It looks so good - I love the filling you used!

 
At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks delicious, and even better that its vegetarian :D

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Patricia! And thanks.

Well, I can't realy take credit for the filling...I owe it all to my trusty Vegetarian Times magazine. We go waaaay back, VT and me.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Sarina!

Doesn't it, though? I couldn't get over yummy it was, and surprisingly 'meaty', which of course came from the beans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker