Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Brrrr-ownies

.



With the work on the bedroom last week (I'll have before & after photos for you later; we still have a few things to work on before I declare it 'finished'), I didn't really want to do a lot of cooking, but I did want to provide food for the hard-working guys. Ripping out carpet and underlying accessories? You bet that's hard work.

So, there were cold cuts and cheeses, rolls and condiments. Cold beverages, too. (Paper plates and plastic ware, as well...I wasn't about to add loads of dishes to my to-do list.) Nothing too fancy.

But, I did bake up a batch of chocolate chip cookies, as well as these Brrr-ownies, from Dorie Greenspan's Baking: From My Home to Yours.

The 'brrr' comes from the chopped up York Peppermint Patties in the batter...I thought they could have been more mint-y, and the flavor better distributed, but they smelled wonderful, and everyone liked them.

I'd definitely try this one again, but use a different candy, maybe? Or add peppermint essence. My guys like strong flavors, after all.




Blog Party#23 is here...and it's out of this world! This June, turn your favorite appetizers and cocktails into Sci-Fi treats. Entries are due Thursday, 28 June (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)...hope to see you there!






Blogging by Mail sign-ups are going on now! The latest round of goody-swapping is all about My Favorite Things. You have till 5 July to join the fun...



Tagged with: + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

I can spot Dorie recipes a mile away and they make me happy everytime I see them!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You know, as super powers go...that's definitely an odd one!

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom used to make Peppermint Brownies, and we used the York's too. Our recipe to have them "more mint-y, and the flavor better distributed"? We poured in half the batter, layered the WHOLE patties in a single layer, edge to edge and then poured on the rest of the batter. We usually used 2 boxes of mix (or the equivalent for those of you with talent in such things as scratch baking) in a 9x13 pan. Frosting when we used it was chocolate liberally mixed with peppermint extract. Perfect :) Just a thought for your next try!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Lara...that's brilliant! Thank you!

I love the layering idea; I am definitely going to try these again.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Minty chocolate brownies? OMG, now you have my attention!! These sound awesome, and good enough to persuade a reluctant baker to bake :)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Mint and chocolate are two very easy ways to Matt's heart, so it's not uncommon to find such things in this house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker