Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Where There's Smoke...

.



there's a pretty happy guy, knife & fork in hand.



Sticking to my pledge to actually make more of the recipes from the half-dozen or so cooking magazines I get, Matt fired up the grill for this Wood-Smoked Tri-Tip with Sicillian Herb Sauce (Bon Appetit, July '07).

The beef is generously salted & peppered, left to sit a bit, then grilled over wood chips. When target temperature is reached, take it off, let it rest, slice thinly. Thyme, garlic, oregano and salt are processed with lemon juice & olive oil, and poured over the slices.



We added some par-boiled potatoes to the grill, creating the most seductively smoky starch-based food I've ever tasted. I see smoked potato salad in our future...






Blog Party#23 is here...and it's out of this world! This June, turn your favorite appetizers and cocktails into Sci-Fi treats. Entries are due THIS Thursday, 28 June (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)...hope to see you there!






Blogging by Mail sign-ups are going on now! The latest round of goody-swapping is all about My Favorite Things. You have till 5 July to join the fun...



Tagged with: + + + + + +

9 Thoughts for food:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger thepassionatecook said...

this looks amazing! i can almost taste it. we have a gas barbeque, so i will have to have the woodchips on a baking tray on the grill, but it works pretty well as well. mmh! hickory-smoked pork ribs maybe? thanks for giving me a great idea here!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Looks fantastic! I don't eat red meat all that frequently, but those photos make me want to dig in! :)

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

scrumptious :D

have sent in my blog party 23 entry :)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I think this looks fabulous. I wish I would have seen it before hitting the grocery store!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sorry it's taken so long to reply...we had a fried electrical outlet. There were sparks, and everything!

But Matt did the guy-thing, and all's well now...

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Johanna! I'm glad you can do it. In fact, the recipe had instructions for using a gas grill.

And I must apologize; I've missed yet ANOTHER Waiter, there's something in my...event.

I suck.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Erin, seriously...I almost wanted to eat it!

And I barely ate red meat when I was a carnivore! It smelled heavenly, too...

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Sarina!

Matt's still living off that roast...it was HUGE.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Heather!

Well, you can just plan for the next week...but trust me, use a MUCH smaller cut. This one was enormous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker