Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

BBM: 10 Items or Less---Who's Signed Up

.



SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED. We have a total of 116 participants this time!

113 boxes have shipped! 3 to go!

91 boxes have arrived!!!!



Abnormality Frugality Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

A cat in the kitchen Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Adirondack Vegan Package has arrived!!!!

All Momas Quilt Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Always Order Dessert Package has shipped!!

Ambrosia Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Anne's Food Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Ann's Food Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

apples peaches pumpkin pie Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

as we know it (and I feel fine) Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Belgian Adventures Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

books: just for fun! Package has shipped!!

Boston Food & Whine Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Boybeater Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

bucaio Package has shipped!!

Buffyfest Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Butter & Beans Package has shipped!!

Cakes by Rosa Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Calling Dr. Bombay Package has arrived!!!!

Cave Cibum Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

C'est La Vie Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Chef Barbie Cooks Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Clivia's Cuisine Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Clumbsy Cookie Package has shipped!!

Coffee Time at Home
Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Cooking Confections Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Cooking up a Family Package has arrived!!!!

Crafty Kim Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

CupcakeRN Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Delicious Delights Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Design Gal & Her Handyman Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Detective Typewriter Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Diary of a Fanatic Foodie Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Dianne's Dishes Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Dispensing Happiness Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Dozen Flours Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Dragon Musings Package has shipped! Package has arrived!!!!

emzeegee & the hungry three Package has shipped!!

erin-go-blog! Package has arrived!!!! Package has shipped!!

Flavor Junkie Package has shipped!!

Food Art and Random Thoughts Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Food for Five Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Food, Glorious Food! Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

foodierachel Package has shipped!!

food + photograpphy Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Gastronomic Diary Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Hamblin Recipes Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

happygrub Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Have Fork will Travel
Package has arrived!!!! Package has shipped!!

Heaven on Earth Package has arrived!!!! Package has shipped!!!!

I'll Eat You Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

It's the Little Things Package has shipped!!

I Wear Many Hats Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Judy's Gross Eats Package has arrived!!!! Package has shipped!!

July Bug Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Jumbo Empanadas Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Just Got Floury Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Kahakai Kitchen Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Kenzie's Kitchen Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Kitchen Wench Package has shipped!!

Kumquat Connection---Bonnie Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Kumquat Connection---Leigh Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Laws of the Kitchen Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Life at 123 House Package has shipped!!

Life Imitating Art Package has shipped!!

Life in the Slow Lane Package has shipped!!

Lindsey's Kitchen Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Living in the Kitchen with Puppies Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Lulu the Baker Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Media Lounge Package has shipped!!

Megan's Cookin Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!

miss.cupcake.face Package has arrived!!!! Package has shipped!!

Miwa in Aus Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Monkee-in-the-Middle Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Mrs. Ehorn Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

ms. fifikins Package has shipped!!

Munch & Nibble Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Munchkin Mail Package has shipped!! Package has arrived

My Food Blog Package has shipped!!

My Kitchen Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

My Plate, My World Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Natalie's Sentiments Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Nummy Kitchen Package has shipped!!

Oatmeal CookieBlog Package has shipped!!

Off the mark and Roaming Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Our Full House Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Pages, Pucks and Pantry
Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Pam's Pantry Package has shipped!! Package has arrived

Paprika meets Kardamom Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

PheMOMenon Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

pieces Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

quilts, flowers, purple...
Package has shipped!!

Ramblings of a Food Addict Package has arrived!!!! Package has shipped!!!!

Sew Much Fabric, Sew Little Time Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Shortcut to Mushrooms Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

SLO Cooking Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Stranger in Sweden Package has Shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Strawberry/Maasikas Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Sushi Day Package has arrived!!! Package has shipped!!

Sweets by Sarah Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Sweet Indulgences Package has shipped!!

Tempered Woman

The Accidental Scientist Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

The Adventures of a Little Red Rucksack Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

The Samantha Files Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

The Sour Dough Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

the thoughts of somewhere smiling Package has shipped!!

Tokidoki Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Trap Door Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Tuna Toast Package has shipped!!

Twin Tables Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Two Fat Als Package has shipped!!

Wild Flours Package has arrived!!!! Package has shipped!!

Winos and Foodies Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Winter's Edge Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

Wo Wunk Package has shipped!! Package has arrived!!!!

57 Thoughts for food:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Ingrid_3Bs said...

Okay, this may be a totally stupid comment but how do I sign up and where/what are the specific instructions?

Thank you!!!
~ingrid

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

There are no stupid questions!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger BFW (Tammy) said...

URGENT! I had something come up this weekend and I cannot ship until Monday. I'm sorry... It will be out first thing Monday morning.

Tammy (Boston Food & Whine)

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to participate in this if it happens again. Please let me know... Thanks.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Julie Pia said...

Hi, Monkeeinthemiddle shipped her pkg. today (Monday Oct. 28th) Sorry it's late. We had some unexpected family issues this week. Thanks, Julie Pia

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger TeaLady said...

What a fantastic idea. Would love to join in on the next one if you have one. Thanks.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Fit Chick said...

If you ever have room for more I would like to sign up!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger plutosangel said...

this is such a brilliant idea! i would LOVE to be a part of it... I'm so gonna follow this blog!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tammy...thanks for the head's up. Definitely let me know that it has, in fact, been shipped.

Thank you!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

becca, thanks for your interest!

BBM is a ton of work; taking a month or two to set up, and at least that much time for all the boxes to ship and arrive. So...it's something that happens about twice a year now (I like to take a small breather between rounds).

I'm thinking February or March; definitely post-holidays.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Julia!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

fit chcik; see my reply to becca...

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, plutosangel!

again, read my response to becca...

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

tealady...you, too!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger BFW (Tammy) said...

Hi Stephanie, I emailed you when I shipped... but didn't hear back... so I just want to make sure you know my package shipped this week!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tammy...had a busy weekend, but yes...got it, thanks!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Julie Pia said...

Hey Stephanie,

monkeeinthemiddle received her package from www.acatinthekitchen.com

This was so much fun. Can't wait to do it again sometime.

Thanks for all your efforts in putting this enormous thing together. love, Julie

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Alexa said...

hi stephanie- sorry I missed the boat and DIDN'T let you know that YES I have shipped and I got word via her blog and pictures that she HAS received her package! I also got word from whoever had my name that they were not able to ship as something had come up and would ship soon:) sorry that I didn't post this sooner:)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Julia...thanks!

PS: you may want to blur out your address, in the photo of the box. Most don't want to share that information with the web...

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

the little things: thanks for letting me know!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Karen | Citrus and Candy said...

What a great idea! Sign me up for the next one!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Karen...definitely check back early next year!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Deeba PAB said...

Oh this is fun...when can I sign up too? Next year? Thanks Stephanie...can't wait. Cheers Deeba

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger sassy2 said...

I came across this on someone else's blog. They just got their box. I was wondering how often you do it, and how to sign up. I love to send stuff to people.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing idea! I'm worried I'll forget to sign up when it happens again (I have "on" months and "off" months of keeping up with blogs). Can I sign up here in advance?

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie...did you receive the email I sent about this round of BBM? Just checking since emails seem to be disappearing...let me know if you didn't & I'll send it again. Thanks!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I have seen this before and wanted to participate...I was told to check back...but it seems I have missed it again. Do you have an idea of when next year you will do it? So I can put it on my calendar?

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! I would love to participate next round...when does it happen? Can I be notified?
Thanks for your work on a project with many ramifications :)
Candy

staufferbirds.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger BFW (Tammy) said...

Hey Stephanie, I sent you an email with a link to my blog post about the package that arrived... but it's not posted on your site yet. No worries if you are behind... I just want to make sure you got it! Here is the link again: http://bostonfoodandwhine.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-bloggin-by-mail-package-arrived.html

Thanks!
Tammy

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the delay, here's the post of that lovely package you sent, thanks again!

http://happygrub.wordpress.com/2008/11/15/bbm-arrived/

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Passionate About Baking: definitely!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

sassy2: Thanks! And see my response to becca, above.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, scrumptious!

Sorry...so much time between events, I wouldn't want the responsibility of keeping track of it till then.

Just have to keep checking in...

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Pam...not sure. What was it about?

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Sharon...sorry you missed it! See my earlier reply to becca.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Candy...thanks!

There's usually about six weeks alotted for sign-ups, so see reply to becca (above) & at the right time, I'm sure you'll see it popping it up. Plenty of time!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tammy...got it, and your comments. Just been busy!

Thanks...

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

farhan...thanks!

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Such a nice idea. I would love to be a part of this. Will check back early next year.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Arundathi said...

hi there - was so excited about this BBM - first one i was taking part in. its lovely to see everyone's posts. i guess i was unlucky in that neither did i get a package nor did the recipient i sent it to acknowledge that they got it! :(

i hope to have better luck next time. thanks for organizing this though - its a wonderful idea.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so want to be in the next Blog by Mail group.
My e-mail address is gypsea83@hotmail.com and please let me know when and where.
Thank you for all your hard work and effort I hope you are fine and please have a great Holiday season . See you in the next blog

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Aparna; that's an excellent idea!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Arundathi; don't give up hope yet! Let me try to track things down for you...

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anny; I wish I could, but if I promised to email every single person who's interested in BBM, I'd never get anything done!

Just need to check back next year, like everyone else.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Arundathi, please don't be discouraged, I have not received my package, either. The person I sent to immediately let me know the package arrived. However, I put tracking on the package, I thought that it was pretty clear in the directions that we should do that. All participants were to give the tracking number to the hostess. It is inevitable that some will not follow through. I seem to participate in these things and am generally the one that doesn't get my package.

You would think I would learn! I don't do it to get things, I do it because it is so fun. The joy for me is in the giving, as I am sure it is for you. It is Dec. 8th and I still don't have a package. It was reported to have been shipped Nov. 12th, then I got an email saying it was sent Nov. 30th. There is no tracking number to my knowledge. Very frustrating. I think the expectations were very clear, but I am not disappointed and will participate again, I think!!!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I have yet to received my package too. Just wondering if stephanie could check for me... and I forgot the person i sent to. Do you have a record?

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

My package arrived, I breathed a sigh of relief! It was shipped from Australia on Dec. 4th, I got it at the post office yesterday, Dec. 13th. I am so impressed that it got here so quickly!!!

I'll post photos on my blog tomorrow, it is nearly 11pm here. I had an art show all day today, selling my handmade glass beads. I am bushed!!!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jacelyn; I've sent you an email.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

I posted a photo of my blog package from Australia. Thank you again, Liz.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for that, Cindy.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger devilish delights said...

hey i found out about ur blogging by mail.. and i think its so cool, i really wanna be part of that.. can i be added to the list??? XX

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Kai said...

Hi, Stephanie, I've already emailed you twice, but it looks like you didn't get them.

I'm just wondering, since I haven't received my package yet for this round. The person who is supposed to send to me hasn't contacted me or anything, so I'm assuming he or she is not worried that something's been lost in the mail. So I gather that person is one of the three who has yet to ship.

If I'm correct, I'd just like to know if there's any chance my package would be shipped, or should I just resign myself to the fact that I'm one of the unlucky ones this round?

Thanks again for always being the gracious hostess, and for putting up with things like these.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

devilish delights: thanks! It is a lot of fun.

There's no 'list', per se; people just wait for an announcement & sign up then. Sorry...it's the best I can give you; just check back periodically.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kai; I'm devoting a large chunk of this coming weekend to tracking down the last of the packages...to see if those who haven't shipped are planning to, if boxes arrived & no one thought it important enough to tell me...and most importantly, contacting my 'Angel' squad about those without packages! So, don't give up just yet.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any chance of this happenening again this year?

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

the 25th year; check current blog entry...new round going on now!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Linders said...

Sign me up for the next round!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker