Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blogging by Mail: Tea & Cookies & Pups from Portugal

.



My lovely BBM package from the Lovely Rita of Clumbsy Cookie, in Portugal, arrived yesterday morning!




Rita took some time to read my various blogs, to get a sense of 'me', and I'm happy to say she captured my likes perfectly!

We already share a love of cookie baking; do check out her blog. It's filled with incredible cookie recipes! In fact, not three days ago, Alex asked if I could make banana chocolate chip cookies, and I told him I could certainly try, provided I found a recipe. Well, what did I see just yesterday? Rita has a recipe for Banana Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies!!




One of the first things I pulled from Rita's box was a pretty bag filled with tea. If you know me at all, you know I'm a tea lover. I don't drink coffee, but I do have an entire cupboard dedicated to tea!
They all look and smell wonderful, but it's the center one I'm most anxious to try. It smells like a summer fruit salad! Large pieces of lemon and strawberries, flakes of coconut...I'm intrigued.




Girls know that other girls need chocolate. A common BBM item, indeed. But this ain't Hersheys!



Like me, Rita would rather bake her own cookies than buy, but there's always one or two brands that make you break that rule. I will now happily grab up every carton of Tim Tams when I see them. For Rita, it's these caramel rings that do her in. Hmmm...I'm thinking tea & cookies after dinner...



Speaking of cookies! How adorable are these cookie buttons?!

Actually, they're Cookie Chips, but by any name, they're delicious. All three of us tried one this morning, before the guys left. Yummy. And best of all, they survived the trip here.



As I told Matt this morning, fifteen years ago I couldn't have imagined getting excited about salt. But these days, I will happily taste varieties of it, and have opinions, and stuff! This Fleur de sel from Portugal is very nice.




Hot sauce! I'm a 'mild' myself, but I know Matt's eager to try this out. Must make an omelette for him this weekend.



Such pretty napkins! Perfect for the aforementioned tea & cookies tonight. So cute.



Among my 'likes', I listed puppies. Of course. I have five, after all. And the happy kitchen towel & pot holder happen to sport a pup that looks not unlike one of my pack, Wicklow!



Belive it or not, I told him NOT to look resentlfully at the camera...



Um...I was still half-asleep when I took these pictures; didn't realize it was upside-down till I got them here!

Rita says to use this to cover your tea mug, to help it steep, and warm a cookie on top while waiting!

Such a wonderful assortment of goodies!! Thank you, Rita, for such a thoughtful and accurate box!

And don't forget: Your boxes are due to ship out this week, too...email me to let me know!

16 Thoughts for food:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great package! I love those potholders... don't suppose they have them in England? Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Unbelievable!! I was just thinking about you! Planning to send an email to you today; wow....must have sent out some strong thoughts, eh?

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Morven said...

What a great package of goodies and so YOU!

I was on Rita's blog the other day and saw those Banana Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies. They look like a must bake recipe.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Morven; it really is me, isn't it??

Yes, I'm definitely making those cookies. OK; after the massive bake-sale baking going on this week, but next week? For sure. Alex wants to take them in for snack!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Clumbsy Cookie said...

It's so cool to see al the stuff on YOUR side! I'm happy you liked everything and the puppy coincidence is just too funny! Hope you're enjoying the tea! Don't they smell divine?

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That's fun, isn't it?

The tea is lovely; I really like a tea with big chunks of stuff in it. you feel like you're really getting flavor that way.

Spicy chocolate is YUM.

Well, with five dogs, odds were ONE of them would resemble the pup, right?

Thanks again!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Melody said...

Ooooh great package items. I too love salt and I too never thought I would say that. I want a salt cupboard.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Melody; I agree!

Well, we don't have a full salt cupboard, but we do have a decent collection going. For Matt's birthday last year, a friend gave him a batch of eight different kinds...which certainly helps!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Suzie said...

I'm so glad that you got such a lovely selection. Thanks so much for organising all this fun.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger NKP said...

How wonderful! She really read you well. What a great collection of treasures.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Melody said...

What kind of dog is Wicklow? We've been sort of dog shopping and I am just checking out breeds. Ours will definitely be a rescue dog but sometimes you have to figure out the breed yourself.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic package! I love the little goodies and the tea bag rest.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Suzie! It's a bit of work, but it's very much worth it...so much fun for so many people!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Natashya; she did, didn't she? I often joke that I'm 'easy': tea, chocolate, books, music, superheroes? All ways to my heart...

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Melody: all five of our dogs are rescued, one way or another. Wicklow, from the best guess of our vet & trainer, is a Jack Russell & Collie mix. He's a GOOD DOG, very protective, loyal, they're natural ratters, so bugs & rodents don't stand a chance around him. Good luck pup-shopping!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

breadchick: Thanks! I was absolutely pleased with everything. LOVE the puppy-themed kitchen gear, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker