Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, December 08, 2008

Let's All Go to the Lobby: Movie Meme Time

.

One of my best pals, Erin, posted this fun meme.



1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions.



1. Awww... this is one of those days that the pages of history teach us are best spent lying in bed.---The Philadelphia Story; SugarPunk

2. You're a handsome devil. What's your name? ---Grosse Point Blank; Sara

3. This ageing debutante, Mr. Jefferson, I retain in my employ only because she is the sole support of her two-headed brother!---The Man Who Came to Dinner; breadchick

4. The important thing is the rhythm. Always have rhythm in your shaking. Now a Manhattan you shake to fox-trot time, a Bronx to two-step time, a dry martini you always shake to waltz time.---The Thin Man; breadchick (ironically, I'm watching it right now!)

5. Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.---North by Northwest; Rick

6. No, actually, we're just good friends.---A Hard Day's Night; stefibles

7. All of my key employees are my sons. Blood is the best security in this business.


8. If there's anything worse than a woman living alone, it's a woman saying she likes it.---Pillow Talk; breadchick

9. This isn't a hospital. It's an insane asylum. And it's your fault.---M*A*S*H; Melody & Rick


10. Subject, Toilet paper. One: on 6 June 1941, this vessel submitted a requisition for 150 rolls of toilet paper. On 16 December 1941 the requisition was returned with stamped notation, 'Cannot identify material required.' Two: the commanding officer of the USS SeaTiger cannot help but wonder what is being used at the Caviti Supply Depot as a substitute for this unidentifiable material once so well known to this command.---Operation Petticoat; Rick


11. Nobody needs a mink coat but the mink.---Christmas in Connecticut; Deb


12. Amazing tradition. They throw a great party for you on the one day they know you can't come.---The Big Chill; Rick


13. You know I'd die for you, only sometimes it's so hard living with you

14. I want you to get married. I want you to have nine children. And if you only spend five minutes a day with each kid, that's forty-five minutes, and I'd at least have time to go out and get a massage or something.---White Christmas; Erika
.

15. I'd like to get home and tell my wife about this. She thinks all my cases are boring---My Favorite Wife; breadchick.









This December, Blog Party is celebrating your holiday traditions!

Join us for the food & fun; RSVP no later than Thursday, 18 December. Hope to see you there!

Labels:

22 Thoughts for food:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Yours are too hard. ;)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ha! I was going to say the same thing about yours! I don't think I've even seen more than three or four of your movies.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger breadchick said...

Wowsa! These are tough....

I only know three of them!

#3 The Man Who Came to Dinner with the incomparable Bette Davis

#8 Pillow Talk with that zany blond Doris Day

#15: My Favorite Wife with that sexy devil Cary Grant

I can't wait to see what the others are!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Good job!

I think you know more than you realize...after all, you're aware of my deep & abiding love of all things Cary Grant, right???

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger breadchick said...

OH drat, I think I know another but I don't want to be a piggy....

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey...go ahead! No one else is guessing...

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Melody said...

#9 - MASH

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Melody; extra cool points to you! That's one of my absolute favorite films. I even call the dogs 'Pup-pup' because of it!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger breadchick said...

Ok, here goes....

I believe #4 is everyone's favorite sauve alcoholic detective Nick Charles' (William Powell) instructions on the proper mixing technique for classic cocktails in The Thin Man.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes! And as luck would have it, I've got that in the DVD player as I work on a post! Christmas morning, shooting the baloons on the tree...

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger SugarPunk said...

Ooh, ooh! #1,The Philadelphia Story, Uncle Willie. One of my all-time favorites, as well.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

SugarPunk: Yes! Easily my favorite movie, hands-down. It has everything, but it's the writing. You just don't get dialouge like that today, do you?

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

No fair--someone got #1 already! It's also my favorite all time movie.

I know a couple but I'll just go for one-- #11 is Christmas in Connecticut--I watch it every year around this time--love Barbara!

You picked some great movies! I love movies and movie quotes.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ysy Deb! I knew there was a reason we get along so well...

Hey, if you know the rest, feel free to name 'em.

Hope to see you tomorrow, for soup!

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice meme! Mine are *finally* up! http://acomicbookgirl.wordpress.com/2008/12/18/movie-quote-time/

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds good!I will try it!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Sara said...

#2 - Grosse Point Blank?

fun quiz!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

A...I don't know any of yours...or at least, not well enough to guess!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

jq8778;; thanks, have fun with it!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Sara...I can't tell you how HAPPY I am! You got it!

I LOVE that movie. It's as quotable as Princess Bride for me. So glad someone got it!

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, I haven't been by in a while... hope you're all okay!

#14 is from White Christmas, spoken by Phil Davis to his partner Bob Wallace. :-)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Erika, I'm so glad you got that one!

We're good here, been busy but finally back on track.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker