Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cajun Chicken & Andouille Skewers with Dirty Rice

.



For Mardi Gras, a day early because Tuesdays are dine-with-the-in-laws-days.

Chicken & Andouille sausage seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme & paprika, then grilled.

And an (Almost) Dirty Rice on the side.

Vegged up for the non-meat eaters by using faux sausages & chick'n as well as a substitute sausage for the rice.

5 Thoughts for food:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger SilverMoon Dragon said...

I never knew Mardi Gras was Shrove/Pancake Tuesday. Next year something must be done to celebrate methinks. Pancakes are getting passe.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes! It's that last day to let it all out & have fun, then the next day you start feeling all bad about it.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Gauri Gharpure said...

looks yumm

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi, SMD!

Oh, yes. Mardi Gras is, if nothing else, an excellent excuse to make amazing food. And if you can find cheap plastic beads in purple, green & yellow? Even better!!

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Gauri, I could survive just on that rice!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker