Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Blog Party#9: Dessert? Well, Just a Bite! Round-Up

.

Welcome to another Blog Party! Tonight, we're filling our plates with wonderful, but bite-sized, desserts. Hey...no calorie-counting! This is our night, so just enjoy the food and the company, ok? You can hit the gym tomorrow!

First, let's get the table set.


I just love these Chocolate Indulgence Plates; they're hard to resist!



How cute are these Hot Chocolate Plates??



But for any true dessert party, you have to set your table with these gorgeous Chocolate Square Plates.



Throw in a robin's egg blue tablecloth, and we're set.


And let's not forget the music...in the disc changer tonight, we have Hot Chocolate: 14 Greatest Hits



and

Melts in Your Brain, Not on Your Wrist: The Complete Recordings 1965-1967, The Chocolate Watchband



as well as

The Best of Sweet




Now let's get to the good stuff...our guests, and their food!

First through the door tonight, Jennifer's brought along the cutest little cupcakes (I have that cookbook, but haven't used it yet...gonna have to, now!), as well as a refreshing Limoncello Spritzer...yum! Thanks so much for coming, Jennifer...and for being so early!



Cameradawtor is here, too...and she's opted for a bit of nostalgia with her Grammies' Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes; how wonderful! And you know what a sucker for cheesecake I am, darn it all. And she's brought enough Tenderberry Mocktails to keep us going all night! Good to have you here; now dig in!



Our next guest tonight is Vineela, who made the most darling Palmiers! I am a big Ina fan, so I can not wait to give these a try. Thank you so much for coming, Vineela!




Haalo returns with the usual amazing dishes (seriously, can I take photography classes from you?) for our party. Help yourselves to Shots of Zabaglione with mini Savoiardi, Creme Brulee Spoons, and Chocolate Martinis. Wow...it all looks great. So happy you could come!




Indira has come back, and I know you'll be just as happy to see her as I am when you take a bite of those Sweet Potato Gulab Jamuns she brought with her! Just so everyone knows; I call dibs on the butterscotch one! Thank you so much for coming, Indira.



Santhi left sunny California for rainy Tennessee, just so we could share in her Kova Kobbari Laddo. Another first for me...They look wonderful! So glad you could be here, Santhi!




The always-busy Ramya (I have a small child, so I understand!) found enough time to prepare some yummy Indian Cheese Fritters, as well as Creamy Cocoa Bites. To go with, she's serving up some cool, tangy orange juice. Just perfect. Thank you so much for being here, Ramya!



Ulrike's next, and does she have a treat for us! She's made Advoocat Pudding Filled Juwels. I know I've never had this, so I can't wait to try it. To serve with those juwels, she's prepared a big pot of Espresso, so get in line! So glad you could catch that plane, Ulrike!




Last through the door tonight, we have Meena with what may be Matt's favorite tonight, Mint Chocolate Tartlets! Looks good, so I hope you brought plenty!
Thanks for coming, Meena.



I just happened to make a few things, as well...do help yourselves to some Nut Rocha; a toasted nut-and-milk chocolate topped toffee candy. It's divine!



These cute little Chocolate Pastel Cups are surprisingly light; they're filled with Torani-syrup flavored whipped cream. Do try the lime...they're fantastic!



Full-fat with this next treat: Chocolate Toffee Puff Tarts. Puff pastry cups, filled with just a bit of toffee sauce, then topped with chocolate filling. Baked till set, these little heart-stoppers taste a bit like a brownie! Served with freshly whipped cream, they're truly to die for.



To help those sweet dishes go down, I offer the Choco-Hazelnut Fauxtini; chocolate and hazelnut Torani syrups, with sparkling water. As Matt said, it's not often that your 'soft drink' smells of roasted nuts!



Wow...what a great bunch of desserts, folks! Everyone did a marvelous job, and I'm so happy you could be here tonight. Be sure to mingle, and don't be afraid to ask for recipes!

And I do hope you'll all come back for next month's party...it's going to be spectacular! As always, I'll announce the theme on the first of the month, and don't hesitate to suggest future Blog Party themes (occasionally, the ol' creative juices do run dry, you know).

Stay as long as you like...what happens here tonight stays between you and your thighs!





Tagged with: , , , , , , ,

8 Thoughts for food:

At 3:21 AM, Blogger Haalo said...

Another fantastic display of sweet delights!

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just curious: Did you never heard of the advocaat pudding or the juwels? In Germany the Tupperware items are named with funny names like "crown juwel" or "imp". The juwel is the name for a silicone mold.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Haalo! and thank you!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

No, really...the names are all new to me. We just call them Tupperware. If they get specail names, I'm unaware of it.

And I know I've not heard of Advocaat pudding!

See...each month, because of you, I learn something new!!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Vineela said...

Hi Stephanie,
Thank you.I am going to try new desserts from this event.Great round up.
Vineela

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're welcome Vineela, and thanks so much for joining in!

There certainly are a lot of amazing dishes to try, aren't there?

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, what a spread of delicious goodies! i'm now looking gloomily at my breakfast bowl of cereal:(

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Stef! Long time, no hear!!

Well, I don't know if you'd really want all this for breakfast, but it sure does look good, doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker