Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Turns out, I'm a one-bonnet kind of gal

.



We're on the hunt for Caribbean recipes (Why? You'll just have to wait and see!), so when I saw one for Jamaican Jerk Chicken, I thought we should give it a try.

Brilliantly simple to prepare; everything is processed together and used to marinate the chicken. The next day, grill it. That easy. Seriously.

However...we've decided that when we make this again, and we will, we will either seed the Scotch bonnet chilies, or leave one out.

Because that chicken (and Veat)? Was HOT. Seriously hot. I'm talking, a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk aren't enough to calm the raging fire that is now your mouth and tongue HOT.

But other than that, good stuff!


Blog Party#10 has been announced, and this month we're having a Garden Party! Cute little sandwiches, and that perfect cup of tea...won't you join us? Entries are due 18 May, which is less than two weeks away...can't wait to see you there!


Tagged with: + + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Love all things spicy! Will have to check out the recipe!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Joe, you should like this, then...it is seriously hot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker