Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Fresh Ginger Muffins

.




I've been a neglectful wife. A good wife takes care of her husband, being sure to meet his needs. And I've been lacking in that area lately.

Hey, gutter-brain; you can cut that out right now.

I'm talking about breakfast.

I've already told you Matt will totally skip breakfast, if I don't make him eat something.

The best way to accomplish this is to bake something he can take along with him to work.

And I've just had so much going on the past...three or so weeks, the prospect of spending even more time in front of the stove had me remembering those TV commercials I saw when I was younger: "Calgon, take me away!"

But our lives have settled down now (with just a few weeks till the next upheaval!), so it's time to get back on track, and do my wifely duty.

Fresh Ginger Muffins

Fresh ginger, peel and all, finely chopped. With sugar, it's heated in a skillet till sugar is melted, then cooled. To this add lemon zest and more sugar; set aside.

Beat butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, flour, salt and baking soda; mix in ginger mixture. Pour into muffin pan, and bake.

As you'll see, all the muffins baked into this funny shape...I have no idea why!

Matt says: Very soft and tender. Tastes as much of lemon as it does ginger. Neither flavor is particularly strong, but it's present.



Tagged with: + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker