Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Plates of Panini

.



Sunday's dinner; two sandwich recipes we've been looking forward to.

I really only watch Food TV for Barefoot Contessa these days, but as Giada leads into Ina's show I occasionally catch the last five or ten minutes.

Some months ago, Giada was preparing a bunch of sandwiches, and I liked what I saw.

Panino alla Margherita
and Panino di Prosciutto e Fontina

Such a simple meal to prepare; I think the 'hardest' part was slicing the bread!

For the Margherita, just mozzarella, tomato and basil. The other was Fontina, spinach and prosciutto (or fake bacon). Brushed with olive oil and grilled till cheese are melted.

Yum. Quick and easy, and so delicious! And because we used a small loaf, leading to small slices, it wasn't too much.

You could turn this into a real meal, or as a quick lunch. Either way, good stuff.




Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker