Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cinnamon Chip Pancakes

.



Breakfast always has been...and always will be...my favorite meal of the day. I love breakfast foods.

Growing up, it never crossed my mind that it was odd to have breakfast foods for dinner.

And we did. Buckwheat pancakes, sausage, eggs. It seemed perfectly natural. Completely normal.

It wasn't until some years later that I learned my friends thought we were kind of 'weird', serving breakfast in the evening.

Well...ppppplllllbbbbtttt to them.

I think in a perfect world, I'd own and run a Bed & Breakfast. I'd renovate a home, decorating it from the late 1940's and early 1950's (because...c'mon; there is such a thing as too much Victorian crap), and wear vintage clothes when meeting guests.

And I'd serve a large and hearty breakfast each morning, using time-tested, and fabulous, recipes.

A gal can dream...

These days, I get to have a bit of that, all because Alex goes to school.

I was excited, because I realized I'd not only be getting Alex ready for the day, but I could feed Matt, too! And you've read of my struggles getting him to eat breakfast, so you realize how important this is.

Now, three mornings a week, I get up about ten minutes before the guys, and start on breakfast. Waffles and pancakes, egg and bacon/sausage (and their soy-based counterparts), milk and hot tea.

Matt gets Alex up and dressed, and by the time they're ready, I have a hot breakfast for them...it's a rather perfect arrangement!

So I'm always looking for new recipes; I can't stand the thought of serving the same things every week.

Monday, I decided I'd try something different: adding cinnamon chips to a regular pancake batter.

In addition, I sprinkled cinnamon sugar over the pancakes, as they cooked...it was sweet enough, it didn't need syrup.

Not perfect; I'd want to add more chips in the future. But they had (according to Matt) a light cinnamon flavor, and a nice crisp texture from the sugar.

Now, I just have to think of something for Wednesday! (any suggestions?)




Blog Party#14 is coming soon, and this month we're having a Kid's Party! Fun, cute, dainty, gross, wacky and whimsical...your appetizers and drinks are for the little ones. Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 21 September...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 23rd, and I hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + +

12 Thoughts for food:

At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

french toast stuffed with cream cheese and berries

or bananas and peanut butter

or chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff like a s'more

who says you can't have dessert for breakfast either? :)

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh...all sounds good!

Unfortunately, neither of my guys can stand too-sweet things that early in the morning, and Matt just plain won't eat fruit.

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks truly delicious! I know a little pancake variation will definitely good for me.

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger christine said...

Your post sounds like something I would write. I love breakfast too and feel exactly the same way you feel about it, and have always dreamed of owning my own B&B!

Another thing I love in this world is cinnamon. My friends think I'm wierd because I sprinkle cinnamon on my Mongolian rice bowl. It's wonderful! Taste almost Moroccan. Love those pancakes! :)

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there, i stumbled upon your blog. the cinnamon chip pancakes u made looks really tempting :) i'm a foodie myself too and its great to know likeminded ppl =) take care!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger barbie2be said...

Stephanie, these sound delicious!

what about making omlettes on wednesday? or breakfast burritos?

we have breakfast for dinner all the time!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Constance! And thanks.

Mixing it up can be good for the foodie soul!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Christine...soul sisters, eh?

Very few things can't be improved by cinnamon, I agree!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Evan, and thank you!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Barbie2be!

I have a couple of picky eaters to cook for, but an omlette might just work...thanks!

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

corn fritters with bacon.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

littlem: hmmm...tell me more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker