Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Forget the Mousetrap

.



Clearly, our efforts are better served building a better sandwich.

Well, it's not my design, so I can't take the credit.

But seriously; you start with the already brilliant...and practically perfect..BLT, and improve it by adding slices of avocado?

Genius.




Just a TWO MORE days left to send in your Blog Party#21: Let's Have a Picnic entries! Turn all your favorite picnic foods into bite-sized treats, grab a cold drink, and join us for a Blog Party. All you have to do is make ****AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail**** (that's a minimum of one EACH); take some photos, and write about it. Get your entries to me no later than this Thursday, 19 April: either leave a link here in the comments, or send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the round-up on Saturday, 21 April. Hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just provided the menu for my dinner tonight! I happen to have a ripe avocado on my counter that needs to be used ASAP, and this sounds delicious!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Ian said...

It's never a bad idea to add avocado to a sandwich, especially a BLT. Yum!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger KJP said...

I have been enjoying your site this week.

We had a local deli which called these BLTA's and it was the only thing I would order from them - sadly, they went of business so now I have to make my own. :^)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Pam...happy I could help!

We always keep avocado around; it's so easy to find an excuse to use it, isn't it?

Hope dinner was good!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ian, I second that.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

KJP; thank you!!

Fortunately, they are easy to make. But I share your grief...I've had a couple of favorite places which no longer exist, too. You just miss those places!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Cate said...

The very first cruise that The Husband and I went on, back in 1996 was to Bermuda. We found this little dive off the beaten track and fell in love with their sandwiches ... Bacon and Avocado, with a smidge of mayo on toasted bread. Delicious stuff, and great memories.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh...that sounds delicious!

Wow, you've been 'crusin' for quite a while!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker