Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Post-Oscar Decadence

.




Of all the nominations, I've only seen...two?...of the films. Ratatouille and Michael Clayton. Which is probably a higher number than past years.

We decided to have a sort of 'decadence' dinner. Nothing too fancy, just foods we really enjoy. Matt had a filet mignon, I had a veggie Cordon bleu. We splurged and purchased a dessert, each, from the bakery case at Earth Fare. I had a teeny chocolate mousse cake, he had pistachio baklava and some peanut butter bars. Nice, not spectacular.

This cake, however, was.

I've found myself making birthday cakes for various teachers and staff at Alex's school. They think I'm spoiling them; what they don't realize is that they are, in fact, feeding my habit, my need, to bake.

Alex's teacher from last year had a birthday recently. I made this White Chocolate Truffle & Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake. I changed the decorations for the top, simply because I was out of shortening (for the stars).

It was heavenly, at least the cake smelled heavenly. The frosting? Oh, my. And I may have done a happy dance when, for the absolute first time, I got the white chocolate to work for me. I made white chocolate ganache. That filling was AMAZING.

It was a pretty cake, it smelled lovely. And another teacher found more than a 'World's Best Teacher' mug waiting on her desk...

(the batteries in my camera died just as I took the picture, it was late and I was tired, so this is the as good as it gets)





We're going a bit crazy this month: Blog Party#31 is a Fried Food Frenzy!

You have till Friday to get your fried finger food entries to me; hope to see you there.




Tagged with: + + + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Jennywenny said...

Well done, when I made this I ended up with a white chocolate sauce to accompany my cake and had to scrape around for a different frosting!!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

Stephanie, this looks so delicious! I could use a slice right now.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Love the chocolate decorations. The cake looks great!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Jennywenny! You made it too? I was seriously worried about the filling; despite my deep love for white chocolate, I have never been able to make it work as a ganache till the recipe.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Cakelaw! Oh, it looked and smelled so good..I wish I could have taken a bite for myself.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Megan!

I would have been perfectly content with the stars, but that whole lack of shortening-thing called for improvising.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker