Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Donna Hay Way

.


Rocket & Parmesan Couscous Salad; DH New Food Fast

You know those nights when you want 'real' food for dinner, but don't want to be stuck with anything resembling 'real' cooking, or the corresponding dishes? When faced with one of those, we generally turn to Donna Hay.


Harrisa & Yoghurt Baked Chicken; DH Off the Shelf

This is my kind of easy food; a simple couscous with Parmesan cheese, topped with arugula and balsamic vinegar-drizzled tomato slices.

Paired with a mint & chili paste-spiced yogurt-covered chicken (and Veat) dish, it was a healthy, richly-flavored meal.

And it all came together in less than 45 minutes, and that's only because I got distracted half-way through...




Invites to April's Blog Party are out, and this month we're celebrating our favorite Diner, Street, and Pub foods by fancy-ing them up and turning them into appetizers!

Your favorite virtual cocktail party is taking to the streets, or rather, our food is.

RSVP by Thursday, 17 April...and I hope to see you there!





I'm hosting the latest Retro Recipe Challenge, and this time, it's all about Mom!

Pick a recipe from a year before your mother was born (thank you John, Paul, George & Ringo) and send those URL's in by Saturday, 26 April. So, tie up those apron strings, paste a pretty smile on your face, and get cooking!






Tagged with: + + + + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker