Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Daring Bakers: A Piece of...

.



Pictures now; words later. I'm already behind schedule.



Filbert Gateau with Praline Buttercream







Be sure to see all the other wonderful cakes made by our Daring Bakers!








Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + +

36 Thoughts for food:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your cake looks great! I love the decoration!

Cheers,

Rosa

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Lis said...

Gorgeous! I love the heart cut-outs.. teach me!!

And dear Lord, tell me you didn't stay up until 5 a.m. to finish this cake??

Hugs!
xoxo

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Chris said...

So pretty! I love that chocolate transfer stuff....gotta get with that. Hope you enjoyed the cake! :)

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Dagmar said...

Well done! It looks great! I hope you liked it!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Laura Rebecca said...

I love these photos; your cake looks deliciously different from many of the other praline gateaus.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you cake looks truly beautiful. great job.

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

You know what you could never tell you were up super late making that! It looks right out of a bakery.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

No need for words, those pictures tell a beautiful story.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such purdy chocolate hearts, and luscious crumb. Mine is so spotty! I just have to get some of those transfers to play with. Is it hard?

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow & look at yours!
very pretty, silky ganache.
I'm such a sucker for ganache.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

How beautiful--it is like a work of art! Great job!

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As they say..."a picture is worth a thousand words". You already wrote an epic!!!! Wonderful job!!!!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Laura Paterson said...

What a beautiful cake!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Judy said...

I love the decoration on top of the cake.

You know, we should talk. Nine Coaches Waiting is one of all time favorite books. I have nearly all of Mary Stewart's books. Hmmmm

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

Love the chocolate transfer decoration on top - beautiful.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Y said...

Oh I love the chocolate decor. Will there be words to the pictures soon? :)

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Mmm that looks so nice! I love the hearts!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger NKP said...

Beautiful. I love the delicate chocolate and the moist, tender crumb.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Rosa!!

I always forget I have them, so it was nice to find a use for them.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Lis...thanks!

Um...yeah. Kind of did. That's what I get for waiting till the absolute last minute.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Chris...thanks!

I have a bunch, but like I said, I keep forgetting it. It's hiding behind condiment jars in the refrigerator!

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Dagmar! The entire family loved it...my self-proclaimed nut-hating five year old couldn't stop talking about how good it was.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Laura Rebecca!

I cut the recipe in half, and used two 4" pans; I kind of liked the idea of this cake tower-thing.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Courtney!

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Breadchick, you are a sweetheart. Thanks for that.

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jenny!

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

kellypea, thank you!

No, it's really pretty easy. Tempered chocolate gets spread on the transfers...what you do with it after it dries is where the real fun begins. Try Beryl's; that's where I got mine.

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Dayna! I think ganache is a wonderful all-purpose cake tool. It covers Everything.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Deb!

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, John!!

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, kittie!

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Judy!

We should! My ninth grade English teacher gave me a copy of Nine Coaches Waiting to read, to kill time, really, while the rest of the class finished the assigned book. I fell completely in love with it. I've honestly lost track of how many times I've read it...and it never fails to blow me away.

Her stuff's good, isn't it? The Ivy Tree is one I've always wanted to turned into a movie.

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Cakelaw! I really hate to decorate cakes...don't have the patience for it. Anything else that works, and is easy? I'm for it.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Y...thanks!

If I ever catch up, yes.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Lauren!

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks so much, Natashya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker