Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, October 02, 2010

In my Heart: Livestrong with a Taste of Yellow 2010

.



I could write something poetic here. That's never been my style.

So I'll stick to the facts.

Cancer stalks the women in my family. On both sides. My Grammy is one of five girls; all five battled at least one form of cancer. More than one found themselves diagnosed with two or more.
Three of my great-aunts died from the disease.
One survived after multiple bouts & countless rounds of treatment.

My Grammy has seen her cancer return again. This time, her heart is too weak for further chemo.

The current plan is to make her as comfortable, & keep her as healthy, as possible.

Now I wait for the telephone call telling me the most important woman in my life, the one who helped raise me & made me the person I am today, has finally succumbed.

She's an amazing woman, my Grammy. And I hope the ol' luck of the Irish that runs through her veins helps her beat the odds. That the love her family has for her gives her the strength to stay with us a bit longer.

There isn't much else I can do.

Except this: White Lemon & Milk Hazelnut Chocolate Lollipops for the lovely Barbara's Livestrong with a Taste of Yellow.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 4:17 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Steph I'm sorry to read about your Grammy.

Thank you for sharing your heart on LiveSTRONG Day.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is such a wonderful event Stephanie.It is a pleasure to see your heartfelt heart.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Misty said...

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way. My family just went through a similar thing this time last year, and you already know it isn't easy. Hang in there, and find joy.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger April said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grammy. My Nanny was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Cancer is such an ugly disease!

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Barbara.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, BV.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Misty. The positive thoughts are appreciated.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

April...it really, really is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker