Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, April 06, 2024

Time Is a Construct

.

 


I overheard Alex saying that to one of his friends.   And he's right.


Matt & I were having serious 'This is Friday, right? It has to be Friday" feelings...on Thursday.


"We're having pizza!"  Which just feels like such a Friday thing to do.  

 

Using the glorious three-day dough recipe, everyone got a custom pie.

 

I'm not much a tomato sauce gal.  I'll ask for 'light sauce' if I'm ordering, or if making a more traditional pizza at home, sort of wave the sauce over the dough to impart the essence of tomato on it.

 

So this time, I went with a base of so much roasted garlic mixed with Fromager d'Affinois - not too much!  Just enough to cover the surface.

Next, thinly sliced already-baked potato, a nice scattering of fresh rosemary, & the oil from the garlic. 

I'd add some caramelized onions if I were to make it again.  And it'd be perfect cut into small pieces & served as an appetizer.

 


 

Alex loves pesto.  I mean, the kid loves it.

Originally, he was going to have marinara & pesto as his base.  But the pesto I usually get (Yes, I know.  I could make my own. But I'm already making three pizzas - I'm fine saving a little time with store-bought sauces) wasn't available.

However, the pesto Alfredo pasta sauce he likes was, so I suggested going with that, sans tomato. No objections.

Lots of fresh mozzarella.  Thinly sliced tomato (I cannot wait for tomato season!), some salt & pepper. 

 

He ate the whole thing, so I'm chalking that one up as a win.

 

 



The resident omnivore came the closest to traditional with a roasted garlic & chipotle paste-doctored marinara, smoked mozzarella, and lamb merguez (which we can now finally find at Earth Fare!).


I did say 'closest'. 


So we ate pizza on a Thursday that felt like a Friday but I'm writing about on a Saturday.


I don't know what time or day it is.  But I know the pizza was good.



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker