Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Picture Meme

.

I saw this over at Alice's, and it looks like fun!


Here's what you have to do:

Do a Google image search of the following and post the first (or favorite) result for each:
* The name of the town where you were born
* The name of the town where you live now
* Your name
* Your grandmother's name (just pick one)
* Your favorite food
* Your favorite drink
* Your favorite song
* Your favorite smell





Since my hometown is known for just a few things (a good place to view elk herds, buy your powdered metal parts, one-time US target for planned Nazi attack), it seemed appropriate to show a photo, albeit an old one, of the Straub Brewery.
I've run into people all over the country who, upon hearing where I'm from exclaimed, "isn't that where they make Straub Beer?!". Yes, yes it is.



And this is home-sweet-home now. Rather industrial-looking, isn't it? Well, that's just one part, honest.



Good grief! There must be thousands of Stephanie pictures out there...I almost went with Princess Stephanie, but I saw "November Rain" recently, so...



Guess what my dad's mom's name was???




Yum...inari.




I may not be a teetotaller, but I still prefer to drink these, with some sparkling water.




How many times have I performed this, anyway?




Mmmmm...vanilla.

Feel free to play along...

10 Thoughts for food:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along! It's fun to guess what word you searched for from looking at the pictures!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Alice! Did you figure it out?

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Niki said...

What is your home town?
Was your grandmother's name Ford?? (I don't know much about American cars!)
Is that a picture of Bodicea on the horse? What's the song? All I can think of is a Darryl Braithwaite number from the 80s called "The horses". No, I wouldn't expect you to know who Darryl Braithwaite is - a very local Aussie singer, now in his 50s!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ok...hometown: St. Marys, PA
Grandmother's name: Mercedes
Song: Rhiannon

And no; I don't know who he is!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

Maybe u ought to tag ppl along to create a more interesting game.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

foodcrazee; you are more than welcome to play. I just hate being a 'tagger'; just me, I suppose.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Niki said...

Not an American car at all!!
No, I don't expect anyone out of Aust would know about Darryl Braithwaite. He wrote some good stuff in the 70s and 80s though, but never got past our shores.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nope...good ol' German ingenuity.

It's an 'elite' vehicle here. I may be related to Mercedes' (grandmother and great-aunt), but I've never driven one!

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did guess Mercedes!! (What a cool name, by the way.) For some reason, I was thinking "Ride of the Valkyries" or "Flight of the Valkyries" or whatever that song is called for the song.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay, Alice!

My grammy went by Cedey, and my great-Aunt Marce. Funny. Must have been a very popular name in the mid-to-late 1920's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker