Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Divine Double D's: Deep-Fried Deviled Eggs

.




Since the nice folks at Slashfood always mention Blog Party, I just had to join in on their latest food event: D-Day.

What a neat idea! We're not limited to a single ingredient, or even a theme. The options are limitless...ok, not true. The options are restricted to things beginning with the letter 'D', but come on: that's a lot to work with!

And D-Day conveniently ties in with my Retro cooking and this month's Blog Party: Retro Party.

My D-Day dish? Deep-Fried Deviled Eggs.

Ha!

Deviled eggs, made not with mayo but olive oil (as well as Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cider vinegar), then put back together and secured with a toothpick. Dip the eggs in...uh, beaten egg, then in a flour/breadcrumb (I used panko) mix; fry!

Ok. Fun experiment, but I'm not sure I'd make them again.

The outer egg was kind of tough, and the filling was a bit bitier than what either of us are used to.

Still...gotta love the concept!


Blog Party #6 has been announced, and this month? We're going Retro! Click here for all the information, and remember: Blog Party entries are due tomorrow!




Tagged with
, , ,

4 Thoughts for food:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sam said...

i did deviled eggs for the party too, but luckily mine weren't deep fried

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sam, you don't think I actually ate them, do you??

Nah, I have Matt for a guinea pig, thank goodness.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger kitchenmage said...

What's really odd is that the "double d" title brings up one image and then the deep-fried deviled eggs are so not what i expected. But I thank you for experimenting so we don't have to. smile

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

kitchenmage: I have to give credit where it's due...Matt came up with the name! No surprises there...

And I can't help but wonder what kind of searches this post will turn up in, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker