Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Pasta with Sausage, Basil and Mustard

.



Is it just me, or are we eating a lot of pasta lately??

Thursday, I was five inches past exhausted. After he came home from work, Matt took Alex out to do some grocery shopping, and I went to bed. Just one of those days.

Just more proof of what a good man I married: I woke up to Matt announcing he'd made dinner.

Penne with Italian Sausage, Basil and Mustard. Uh...yum.

Just the slightest hint of a sauce...more of a flavoring, really. But nicely mustard-y, and a bit hot. That would be the crushed red pepper!

But honestly? Skip the basil. It's completely unnecessary.

Matt's a serious basil-addict, and even he said the dish would have been better without it. It couldn't compete with the mustard and the red pepper.

Still, pretty darn good. And as I didn't have to make it? Even better!


Blog Party #6 has been announced, and this month? We're going Retro! Click here for all the information, and remember: Blog Party is one week from tomorrow!




Tagged with
, ,

7 Thoughts for food:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

I've tagged you to tell 10 weird or random things about yourself.

http://seriouslygood.kdweeks.com/2006/01/yam.html

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Why not?

I'm always up for a meme...should get to it this weekend.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

BNA...I don't know that I would have thought of it, either. But what a great flavor!

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm! What a sweetie for cooking you dinner :) And it sounded good too!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

He's a good man, that Matt.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jeff in NC said...

OOoo, definitely major Matt points! Nice job!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, I got a good one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker