Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Brunch

.



I'd wanted to do a big breakfast for Christmas day. That just didn't happen.

I did manage to pull something together for New Year's, though.

One of my favorite things, Breakfast Pocket Sandwiches. Onions and bulk pork (or veggie version) sausage cooked together. Add scrambled eggs, and hash browns, milk, and some spices. Cook till eggs set, cover with shredded Cheddar.

The filling then goes on to a slightly sweet dough, which is folded over and formed into 'pockets'. Bake till golden.

I love, love, these things. There's always extra filling, which re-heats well.

I also made Gingerbread Pancakes, which I served with my homemade Lemon Marmalade.

Some veggie bacon for Alex and me, and the real stuff for Matt, grapefruit juice and tea, and we had a lovely meal.

Hope you had a great start to the new year!


Blog Party #6 has been announced, and this month? We're going Retro! Click here for all the information, and hope to see you at the party!






Tagged with
, , , ,

4 Thoughts for food:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The breakfast pocket sandwich sounds like something I'd really enjoy. That's one more recipe I'd have to ask from you once I get that oven. :) Happy New Year to you, Matt, and Alex! And the three pups too!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

When you get that stove, Julia, Matt and I will send you a binder filled with things to try!

All of us, including the pups, thank you!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Nic said...

I love the idea of the little pocket sandwiches. Yum!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Nic...they're fantastic.

Let me know if you'd like the recipe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker