Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Little Bites: Christmas Eve with the In-laws

.



I wouldn't think I'd need to tell you just how much I love appetizers, but just in case? I'm always happy to sit down to a meal of small bites!

So when Matt's parents set up a small meze bar Christmas eve, I knew I was in for something good.

In the above photo, dolma filled with an herbed yogurt "cheese", pita (the good stuff from the Near Eastern market), Greek meatballs (this is Matt's plate), and mini-spanikopita.



A heavily-spiced pumpkin puree.




Hummus.

There were also giant white beans in a tomato sauce, which apparently didn't make it onto Matt's dish.

A very good, very light, meal...just what we needed to get us through tree-trimming and present-opening.



Tagged with
, , , , ,

3 Thoughts for food:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Hi Stephanie,

Sweetniks refered me to you... she thought you might be interested in my new weekly guest blogging event. I am hosting a guest blogger each week... on the topic of frugal recipes or frugal kitchen tips. Will be announcing it tonorrow. If intrested just email me (link on my blog).

Michele

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

Stephanie,

Nice simple healthy meal. Great!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi foodcrazee!

Yes, it was, and exactly what we needed. And I do love those little bites!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker