Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Getting into the Spirit

.



We actually got our tree a couple weeks ago. We've gone so far as to string the lights, but that's it. And, it's not centered (in this picture). Perhaps, this weekend, I'll find the time to trim the tree.

You know, around getting Alex to his grandparents so they can take him to the library, then taking him to a Christmas party at Earth Fare, writing the Blog Party: Vegas, Baby! post, baking cookies, doing a billion loads of laundry...all while Matt's out visiting with his in-town-for-just-this-weekend buddies.

Sure; the tree will be trimmed in no time.




Well, whaddaya know: I sent Donegal and Wicklow outside, and Matt, Alex and Doolin to the kitchen, and see what can happen?






Blog Party, Vegas, Baby! is this weekend! This month, we're all about giving in and indulging; eating and drinking our favorite things. It's a once-a-year chance to really live it up, so make sure you get your appetizer and drink posts to me soon. Make sure you send them in (via the comment section here, or email at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com) by noon (US Eastern) this Saturday. Hope to see you at the party!

Tagged with
, , , , ,

8 Thoughts for food:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger S said...

Looks great! I was going to send T and Luke away so I could do the tree but I did it while they were sound asleep! Luke was so surprised to find a tree in the house.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jessica!

Alex keeps saying 'it's so pretty' and, as I taught him, 'I look with mine eyes, not my hands'!!! I love how he says 'mine', instead of 'my'...

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger sailu said...

Lovely,Stephanie,Christmas is here!
My son loves the tree and so do I..:)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sailu...thank you, both!

I love turning the living room lights off at night, and just staring at the lit tree...

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Beautiful tree Stephanie!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Joe! I love having a house with ten-foot ceilings...you can do so much!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Wow - I can't believe how big Alex looks all the sudden!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sweetnicks, it's not just you; I'll look at him every so often and think the same thing!

Actually, he's 3'2", and 37lb,, as of a week or so ago.

And he won't be three till March!!

So...he is suddenly very big.

He's only two feet shorter than me, and comes up to my rib cage...he's going to be a big boy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker