Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Waddling Puffball

.



Because unbearable cuteness can brighten anyone's day, here are pictures of our new (seven-week old) pup, Doolin.

Above? Good for showing just how tiny he is...



We were told Doolin is a Border Collie mix. Mixed with what? Badger? Bear? Wombat?? You should see the little guy charge!



I'm such a sucker for animals with black faces and black eyes.




He's so round, and his legs so short, there are time when getting up or rolling over take extra time. Which is adorable.



To our immense surprise, Wicklow has been pretty cool about having a new pup. The first night we had Doolin, I found the two of them sleeping on the floor under the dining table.

Donegal, on the other hand, is most unhappy. She won't even come near me if Doolin's around. She'll occasionally sniff him from behind, but if he turns and looks at her? She jumps, as if startled, and runs off.

Weird.

But Doolin is an amazing little pup. We know Border Collie's are smart, and as much as I hate to say it, he's already smarter than Donegal and Wicklow put together! Housetraining is going well. And as we no longer live in mostly-carpeted apartment (seriously; who carpets a bathroom?? Oh, yes...our old apartment did.), clean-up of accidents is a lot easier.

So, enjoy Doolin's cuteness as you work through your Tuesday.


Blog Party, Vegas, Baby! is this weekend! This month, we're all about giving in and indulging; eating and drinking our favorite things. It's a once-a-year chance to really live it up, so make sure you get your appetizer and drink posts to me soon. Early is appreciated, but as long as you get them to me (via the comment section here, or via email at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com) by noon (US Eastern) this Saturday, it's all good. Hope to see you at the party!

Tagged with
, , , ,

10 Thoughts for food:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Oh my the cuteness is overwhelming! I miss puppies!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I know; his cuteness is almost intolerable!

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOH!
CUTE PUPPY!!!!!!!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Clare!

I thought I had it bad, but Matt's gone practically gooey over Doolin!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Ooooohhh, your puppy's so cute and deliciously fluffy!!!!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I know!

When I take him outside, he'll try to climb my leg to get to me...he just makes it to my knees. But when he does, he looks just like a bear cub!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Oh my goodness! I just want to reach through the screen and hug him!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Laurie, the trouble is...he really is that cute! It's like having a baby in the house again; all we do is look at Doolin and say 'oh, look! isn't he cute?'.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Doolin! *waves* You're so adorable, and so lucky to have found a loving, new home. :)

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Julia, Doolin sends puppy kisses your way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker