Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Making Progress: WCB #26

.



I want to thank everyone for sending along good thoughts for Macroom; it's been a stressful week for us!

As you may have read from Clare's blog, our little kitty has been quite sick lately. Our vet warned me there was a really good chance Macroom wouldn't pull though, but was hoping the medication she prescribed would make a difference.

I'm happy to report that after just 24 hours from his blood-boosting injection, and the first round of pills (two kinds), he's shown a marked improvement!

The past week Macroom has done little more than sleep. He wasn't eating, drinking, using the litter box, 'talking', interacting, cuddling...anything. He was breathing laboriously, and would just look at us...but not do anything.

After the shot and pills, he started walking around the house. He ate a bit of food (Chicken of the Sea? Thank you), and mewed enough to get Wicklow worked up.

Best of all, he jumped up on the couch, and cuddled with us last night.

So, another set of pills, and he's doing even better!

Eating more, 'talking' a blue streak now and then, following us everywhere, and full-blown snuggling.

His breathing is still a bit ragged, but when the vet calls tomorrow for an update, I can honestly tell her Macroom is doing a lot better.

Because there is improvement, we'll continue with this method of treatment until next Monday.

Hopefully, by then, he'll be much better.

I promise to keep you guys updated, and thank you again for keeping us in your thoughts!



And don't forget to mark your calendar for this month's Blog Party, Vegas, Baby!. We're all about giving in and indulging this time around, so start planning those entries!


Tagged with
, ,

16 Thoughts for food:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

YAY!!!!!
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC NEWS!!

I have been so worried :) Thanks for keeping us informed !!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You bet it is!

Right now, Macroom is curled up next to Matt on the couch, and has nibbled on food at least three times today.

Which is probably as much as he's eaten all week!

Thanks again for sending all those good thoughts our way.

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie!! Joe and I are hoping that Macroom is back to his regular self real soon! And Miss Kitty sends her best wishes as well :)

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yipee!! So happy to hear this ~ I have been worried about little Macroom

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeff, Joe and Miss Kitty: thank you so much! He really does seem to be getting better by the hour...keeping my fingers crossed.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Linda...I really appreciated your email!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Glad to hear she's doing a bit better. Hang in there, Steph!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Sweetnicks!

I swear, he's looking more and more normal all the time.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I am so happy to hear little Macroom is doing better, does the vet have any idea what he's suffering from? Poor little guy, good thing he's got a nice mommy like you to look after him:)

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger boo_licious said...

I am so happy! Give Macroom a big hug for me and if possible, a lick on his face to tell him I am thinking of him.

Lots of love

Boo the cat

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, IOF!

She thought the most predictable cause would be a blood parasite. Fortunately, it's also the most treatable.

Based on his speedy recovery, I'm inclined to believe that's what it was.

I'll be talking to her office later today, so as long as she's happy with his progress, we'll keep on this route...keep wishing us luck!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you so much, boo the cat!

How about we settle for a kiss? A side effect of his illness has been some serious shedding...I really don't need a hair ball! I'm sure you know what I mean...

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you so much, cin!

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy and relieved to know that Macroom is getting better! He's such a sweetie, and it really breaks my heart to see a young kitty become so ill. Please give him a hug on my behalf, Stephanie! :)

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, thank you, Julia!

And I'm so happy to see you back in action!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Good luck little Macroom!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker