Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

How Do You Measure, Measure a Cookie Platter?

.

After compiling my cookie list, I then started on the ingredients.

Final total?


Eggs (27)
Butter (16 sticks)
Flour ( 26 c.)
Sugar (16, 2/3 c.)
Evaporated milk (3 cans)
Brown sugar (2 1/4 c.)
Canned pumpkin, (1 1/3 c.)
Cinnamon
Walnuts (2 1/2 c.)
Cream cheese (3 lb)
Corn flakes
Cinnamon candies
Blanched, slivered almonds (3/4 lb)
Semisweet chocolate (36 oz)
Mini semisweet chips (3/4 c.)
Powdered sugar (3 bags)
Pecans (1 1/4 c.)
Quality white and dark chocolate
Pistachio (1/2 c)
Small pretzel twists
Candy melts (green, red)
Molasses
Lemon
Cornstarch
Cocoa powder
Vanilla
Flavored oils...cinnamon, etc.
Light corn syrup
Cream
Graham crackers
Gingersnaps
Oreos

Good lord; what have I gotten myself into?



And don't forget to mark your calendar for this month's Blog Party, Vegas, Baby!. We're all about giving in and indulging this time around, so start planning those entries!


Tagged with
, , ,

5 Thoughts for food:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Laura said...

mmmmm, I think to hang out in your pantry would be a beautiful thing. :) good luck on this endeavor! I've always found that after excess baking I'm in no mood to enjoy the finished product (of course that could be all the excess sampling, along the way)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That's funny, Laura! Because we're constantly faced with 'what on Earth are we going to make for dinner tonight?'!

Believe it or not, I never eat what I bake. I have no interest. I guess for me, it's all about baking and watching other's enjoy it.

Plus, it saves on calories...

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Cate said...

OK, how do I get on the receiving end of a cookie platter? ;)

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hmmm...send your address?

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

amateur...you're not kidding!

And I begin baking this evening (now that I'm slightly less worried about the kitty). Wish me luck...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker