Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

FYI

.

For all those seeking cookies and other from-the-oven treats made by Rachel Ray? Allow me to do you a service: Rachel Ray Doesn't Bake.

I must get fifteen to twenty searches, daily, from people looking for Rachel's cake or cookie recipes.

And I have to wonder...have they actually watched her show? Ray's always talking about how much she doesn't bake.

So people, if you want baking suggestions, try Martha or Gale or Ina; but forget about Rachel. If she's serving cake or cookies in one of her episodes, I give you 20-1 they're store-bought!


Blog Party, Vegas, Baby! is this weekend! This month, we're all about giving in and indulging; eating and drinking our favorite things. It's a once-a-year chance to really live it up, so make sure you get your appetizer and drink posts to me soon. Early is appreciated, but as long as you get them to me (via the comment section here, or via email at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com) by noon (US Eastern) this Saturday, it's all good. Hope to see you at the party!

Tagged with
, ,

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

IMO, Rachel "Gate Mouth" Ray can't cook to begin with. But on the subject of baking my favorite sources are The Domestic Goddess and Anne of Anne's Food frequently has some pretty cool baked goods.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ina is my absolute favorite of them all. I think I have made everything out of her cookbooks and it's always wonderful.

I'm not a fan of RR. I mean really, how many times does she have to tell us what EVOO stands for?!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kevin, I can't say I agree with you in total: she can do some things well. And there's no denying she's wildly successful...she's on the way to creating her very own empire!

If you want someone who really can't cook, turn to Sandra Lee. Although I prefer not to...

I suggested the women I did as FoodTV substitutes, that's all. I figure if people are searching RR, they're probably Food Network viewers, anyway. I have many other I turn to for baking help, should I need (my mom, the pro baker/chef, for example!), but for those who rely on television cooks/chefs for inspiration, Ina and Co. aren't a bad start.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Steph;

I really like Ina. And as she appears not to have children, I think I want her to adopt me. I'm sure she has room for me in her house!

But I do like her cooking style...it's often elegant, without being too difficult to make. She gives us good food that just about anyone would want to eat; nothing too specific to a type of person.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Randi said...

RR hates to bake!! What kind of chef is that? Im going to make some Ina jam thumbprints tomorrow.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, she doesn't hide the fact she's not a trained chef. She just likes to cook!

But I agree...you're hosting a cooking show, but you don't bake.

"Huh?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker